3 Week Old Silkie Won't Stand/Walk today

It's also possible, being the runt, that she got trampled by the other chicks and is in pain. I've had runt Millies turn up with legs that they wouldn't touch to the ground... turns out they got in the way of a stampede one too many times and either sprained or broke their legs.
sad.png
Keep her warm, and try to keep feeding/watering her from time to time to keep her strength up... keep us posted.
hugs.gif

My little silkie is walking today! She's not running any marathons yet, but she is hobbling around. Toes are still curled, but she is using the foot. I'm more apt to believe that she's been trampled on and received some sorta of injury. She's eating well, picking on roommate, and seems to be on her way to recovery.

Her former brooder mates have been moved to the silkie pen outdoors, but it will be awhile before I think she's ready to meet the big guys. On the otherhand, she's much too big to put with my white silkies which are only a few days old, so not sure what I'm going to do with her just yet. As long as she's not too rough with my little crippled chick, Thumper, I guess she'll remain with him.

Back
Top Bottom