3 WEEK OLD SNEEZING

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by new2feathers, Apr 12, 2017.

1. new2feathers

new2feathers New Egg

Apr 11, 2017
    I'm new to raising chicks. I have a 3 week old and I recently noticed that it has been sneezing a lot! About a couple of minutes in between sneezes. I don't know if maybe it's cold? Or sick? Anyways it wasn't like this yesterday. And it seems to be acting normal other than sneezing. But it's not lethargic or anything?

2. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    I had the same problem with my pullet. The most important thing to do is seperate her from the others. Get her someplace WARM AND DRY. Give her lots of food and water. If it does get worse you can add some ectrolyts to her water.

1 person likes this.
  3. new2feathers

new2feathers New Egg

Apr 11, 2017
    Will do! And is there anything else you might recommend to stop the sneezing? Should I be too worried?

4. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    Let her rest. You can get a pet carrier and put a heat lamp on her. I wouldn't get too worried yet. If it lasts more than a week then I'd try to get a vet or something.

1 person likes this.
  5. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

What do they live in?....Do they dust bath?......If it is acting normal and only sneezing it has dust in its nostrils....If the temp is warm and dry that could be the issue too?......

Best wishes...:)

6. cinnabunz

cinnabunz Just Hatched

Apr 7, 2017
    I'd get a bottle of poultry rx drops to put directly into her throat and water

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by