sneezy chick

chickenkeeper1010

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2023
I got this little one yesterday and noticed she was sneezing pretty regularly (maybe once every 2 minutes), and when I listen very closely to her breathing, I hear a little bit of a 'clicking' ... poops are gooey to normal, eyes are clear. I've isolated her and she's cheeping up a STORM (loud!). I feel like I need to decide whether she goes back to the hatchery or not ASAP and was wondering if I could get an opinion or two, please. First timer here, so patience and kindness very much appreciated in advance!

and a poop picture- kind of gooey, but is that normal? Again, first time keeper and I apologize for stupid questions.
IMG_2970.JPG

update: Took her back to the hatchery, they checked her out and confirmed sneezing and odd breathing noises but couldn't figure out if anything wrong with her. Given I'm just getting started, I opted to have them take care of her and I took another back.

Thank you for the reply. I got her from a feed supply store that hatches them from their own breeding pairs. Bedding is corn cobs, but in the isolation hutch, it's just paper towels.
That's strange, most feed stores order from a hatchery.
update: Took her back to the hatchery, they checked her out and confirmed sneezing and odd breathing noises but couldn't figure out if anything wrong with her. Given I'm just getting started, I opted to have them take care of her and I took another back.
I'm not sure I'd buy chicks from a place that allows them to be taken back, too much of a bio security issue.

Back
Top Bottom