3 week old White chick from a Mixed Bantam bin at TSC. Breed/gender guesses?

CuteClucks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 11, 2014

What is this chick? I got him/her out of a straight run mixed Bantam group at TSC about three weeks ago. I'd welcome breed and gender guesses. Currently all feathering is coming in pure white. So far the wings, lower back, tail and breast feathers are coming in. He/She fits on my hand, but takes up pretty much the whole hand. Yellowy-peach colored, clean legs.

I have one just like it, about 6 weeks old. I would guess yours is gonna be boy since mine is older and still has no pink in the crest. As far as breed goes, my best guess is Old English. I emailed the hatchery where TSC supposedly gets thier babies from, and they sent me a list that included Old English (although a solid white one wasn't on there......the pics I pulled up look exactly like my baby.) Hope this helps!

I have one just like it, about 6 weeks old. I would guess yours is gonna be boy since mine is older and still has no pink in the crest. As far as breed goes, my best guess is Old English. I emailed the hatchery where TSC supposedly gets thier babies from, and they sent me a list that included Old English (although a solid white one wasn't on there......the pics I pulled up look exactly like my baby.) Hope this helps!

^ X2. I'd bet male also. No idea on breed though. Best wishes.

Looks like my OEGB Red Pyle- Got mine from the Tractor Supply store also (Townline hatchery)-was all white and now is getting a little peachy color around neck-very pale (female). I had a roo in the same batch-just rehomed him.
wink.png
(he was more colorful)

Female (1 week)-she is 5 weeks old now-no color in comb at all.

Male (1 week old)-he had the faintest apricot stripes down his back, as a chick and at 5 weeks had a big red comb and little red wattles.

Last edited:
Thanks! Sounds like OEG cockerel for the run. I really like the little guy, so hopefully I can find him a good non-eating home when he starts getting aggressive to the other boys.

Back
Top Bottom