3 weeks old and I have my guesses

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Some of my chicks are 3 wks old now and I have guesses as to what they might be. All I could get was head shots b/c they wouldn't sit still enough for total body with legs...hahaha.

This one is an OEG X Mille Fluer. I'm thinking boy.
    [​IMG]

Another OEG X....My guess...girl
    [​IMG]

This one is all OEG and is my favorite....a big time lovebug!! I'm thinking and hoping girl. It's legs are alot smaller than my last OEG that both ended up being roos. I still had pics of them at 3 wks that I compared.
    [​IMG]

OEG X...guessing girl
    [​IMG]

OEG X,,,guessing boy
    [​IMG]

OEG X...guessing girl
    [​IMG]

And a group shot of everyone just b/c they are so darn cute.. My other 3 are 2 weeks old and 1 1/2 week old so I didn't get pics of them.
    [​IMG]

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I would agree with all of your guesses. The black on has a puffy comb though...thats the only one to me that would be iffy.

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Yep, the black one is iffy with me too. But I can still hope:)
    I only have 4 that are pure OEG and I hoping for atleast one pullet. My OEG hen is the sweetest girl. She flies up to perch on my shoulder everytime I go in their yard. She gets under my feet and goes between my feet like a cat. The one time she escaped she ran across the yard to me. She's the one that my English Mastiff snatched up when I let her out to potty. She ran around the yard with Bisqit in her mouth and I had to tackle.

Her last babies were sweethearts too but both roos and I had to rehome them.

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I have a few like that..I have to shuffle my feet as I walk because I always have someone under me! Yours though..they are some cuteeeee babies!!

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I would have to agree with you and the others....except I too am wondering about the black one. Take another pic next week and post. I bet you can tell better then. It looks like my D'uccle boy who was slow developing. His comb was pretty small compared to the other boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by