3 wks feels like FOREVER!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tiggrsbounc, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Thank you! The wait would drive me nuts if I had to go in everyday to turn eggs and watch humidity etc. I let the chickens incubate their own eggs. That way I can just take note of who's staying on their nest, candle an egg after a couple wks and let mama do the stressful part of waiting :jumpy

2. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Now I'm going to go look them up because I have no idea what most of them look like lol

Anagram and ashlandco like this.
  3. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    I will. 34!?:thBless your heart! I thought I would have my hands full with 5. What kind(s) are you getting? And how the heck do you keep up with 34 at once??:confused:

Anagram, ashlandco and MillersFarm like this.
  4. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Free Ranging

ditto

PetsR4Me, Anagram and MillersFarm like this.
  5. MillersFarm

MillersFarm Easily distracted by Chickens

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    Looking forward to it~ :thumbsup

I'm what you would call a "Hoarder" :rolleyes: I've got lots of animals, Horses, Pigs, Goats, chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Pheasants, Guineas, and Geese. I bought 5 Welsh harlequins, 5 Buff orpington ducks, and four of each of these breeds, White call, Pastel call, Snowy call, Black call, Blue call, and Penciled call ducks. I've also got a couple of goslings on the way along with 80 chicks.. I keep my ducklings in a 8' x 8' brooding pen with several heat lamps up, It's pretty easy taking care of them.. Well, Except for the mess they make... That's a nightmare :sick

PetsR4Me and Anagram like this.
  6. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    I'm trying to come up with ideas (during my 3 wk wait) to lessen some of the mess from the ducklings. I guess I'll just have to try some things and see what works best.

Lol I feel like I have that many critters when the grand kids are here so I started teaching the 4 yr old how to feed the chickens & cats, water the horses and let the dogs out to potty. The chicken feeding is comical-she'll feed them but the minute they start following her she'll dump the food and hide behind me.
    My hoarding tendencies run to writing instruments. I don't know why :idunno but over the years I have accumulated hundreds of pens and markers.My daughter says I have a problem; she's a good one to talk...why does one person need 15 blankets and 25 coffee cups?? :lol:

I'm off to look up all the call ducks you listed-no idea what they are :)

PetsR4Me, Anagram and MillersFarm like this.
  7. Abriana

Abriana Spicy Sugar Cookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    1/2 of a horse?

Anagram likes this.
  8. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Miniature horse :D

Anagram, Abriana and Miss Lydia like this.
  9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

lol I figured so. ;)

Getting closer! :thumbsup

10. littlecollier

littlecollier Songster

Apr 4, 2018
    Portland, Oregon
    I'm incubating our eggs had have between 3-4 weeks of waiting ahead of me ... It's killing me! How many times can I plan, re-plan, and plan some more?

It's a good think I'm not waiting around for a baby-baby, 9 months would drive me to insanity!

Good luck with your wait, I think we'll have our babies around the same time (as long as mine hatch!).

:pop

Tiggrsbounc and Miss Lydia like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: