3 wks feels like FOREVER!

2 weeks to go! I've found a project to do over the next few wks to keep myself occupied:making a new duck pen. It'll be bigger than the current one (that hubs just built for me a few wks ago;it won't be wasted-I have some chickens who will LOVE it) and I'll be able to look out of my kitchen window and watch them across the yard.

I haven't really filled hubs in on how big I'm actually making the new pen...it's going to be a surprise so he'll see the results one afternoon when he gets home! Bless his heart, he'll just shake his head, fix whatever I do wrong and then help me finish it. :love

Hope everyone is having a GREAT week!

I was laid up for a few days with a bad bone bruise and let me tell you, if you ever get one on your shin bone, it will freak you out!! Swelled my leg and foot pretty bad but the freaky part is-barely a bruise on my shin because it all traveled down into my ankle and both sides of my ankle were purple. No more trying to kick hubs while play fighting :hmm He blocked with his knee which connected with my shin...

My babies are hatching! The wait is finally over! I barely slept last night as I heard little peeps coming from my eggs around midnight. Got up at 4:30 and watched my first hatchling come into the world.

The wait is worth it! I'll be excited to hear when your ducklings finally arrive

My babies are hatching! The wait is finally over! I barely slept last night as I heard little peeps coming from my eggs around midnight. Got up at 4:30 and watched my first hatchling come into the world.

The wait is worth it! I'll be excited to hear when your ducklings finally arrive

Congratulations! I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I heard them hatching either.
We have chicks "cooking" right now but their mama is taking care of that...I still go peek under mama to check for babies every few days. I have no idea of hatch date because the someone who usually collects eggs every day (hubs) decided to let her sit on eggs and didn't tell me :smack so I don't know if she's been on them for days or wks.

I will absolutely be posting pics when the ducklings arrive! and I'll be eagerly awaiting pics of your little ones :D

Back
Top Bottom