3 wks feels like FOREVER!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tiggrsbounc, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Abriana

Abriana Spicy Sugar Cookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    Oh lol!

Anagram likes this.
  2. Anagram

Anagram Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Lol ~ I figured you had a pregnant mare, but mini- horse fits the bill exactly!

Tiggrsbounc, blayt90 and Miss Lydia like this.
  3. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    I have settled into the wait and am occupying myself with figuring out names and deciding where I want to put the "little pond". The big pond is out in the horse pasture but I'm not telling them about that one until later in the summer lol.

The first 3 I have finally figured out that they are supposed to go into their house at night. I was on the phone when I walked up to their pen last night and as soon as they heard me talking they went right up their ramp and into the house :yesss:...smart little critters!

Anagram, blayt90 and Miss Lydia like this.
  4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

:highfive:

5. blayt90

blayt90 Crowing

Jan 11, 2018
    Magee, Mississippi
    My Coop
    Smart one you have there.

Tiggrsbounc likes this.
  6. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Ducklings or chicks? How many eggs?
    I occupy some of my time by coming on here to search for something :caf and then I end up with ideas so then I'm doing more searches and coming up with more ideas etc etc.
    My daughter made me wait 9 1/2 months to meet her...if I had to wait that long for ducklings I'd probably forget I was getting them lol.

Good luck with your wait as well. I think it would be harder if I had to sit and look at those eggs everyday, just waiting to see progress. I'd be in there every few hours lol

7. littlecollier

littlecollier Songster

Apr 4, 2018
    Portland, Oregon
    @Tiggrsbounc Little Ancona ducklings (or cow-ducks as we like to call them). We are SO excited.

Seriously, BYC is both a lifesaver and a time-suck so far, but at least I have some way to stay occupied! :caf

And luckily I can't mess with the 'bator too much since I'm away at work about half the day.

Sending positive (and patient) vibes your way! Congrats in advance!

Tiggrsbounc likes this.
  8. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    I used to call him a watermelon on legs before his diet and grazing muzzle but he can get fat on air apparently. It doesn't help that somehow, someway, he can get the grazing muzzle off. :barnie

9. Tiggrsbounc

Tiggrsbounc Songster

Jun 28, 2013
    Eastern NC
    @littlecollier

:loveSomeone recently posted a pic of an Ancona duckling-they are adorable!! I can't get any more critters after the upcoming order of ducklings...grounded from procuring any more critters by my husband. At least that's what he says now ;)

I'm making up for lost time today-my internet was down all day yesterday and there were at least 4 times I wanted to pop in here but couldn't. Yes it can be a time-suck too. I'm always going to check BYC "real quick" and it turns into at least an hour at least!

Please post pics when your little darlings hatch!

10. littlecollier

littlecollier Songster

Apr 4, 2018
    Portland, Oregon
    :D Oh my gosh, you too. Can’t wait to see the little chickies.

My partner said no more animals after I brought home a kitten two years ago ... And here we are with four duck eggs!

Tiggrsbounc likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: