<\3....

Read James Herriot's books? He battled with his studies too and became the most loved and famous vet in the world.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

School is designed to fit the needs of most students. Another way of saying that it is for the average child. Just because you are not average doesn't mean you are dumb.

You don't really learn math, you learn how to do math. If you're having trouble learning how to do it, it may just mean that they aren't teaching it in a way that makes sense to you. Instead of getting down on yourself, try to find some other way to learn how to do it. There are lots of internet sites, tutors, books, etc. Just start looking at different options until you find something that starts to make sense to you.

School is designed to fit the needs of most students. Another way of saying that it is for the average child. Just because you are not average doesn't mean you are dumb.

You don't really learn math, you learn how to do math. If you're having trouble learning how to do it, it may just mean that they aren't teaching it in a way that makes sense to you. Instead of getting down on yourself, try to find some other way to learn how to do it. There are lots of internet sites, tutors, books, etc. Just start looking at different options until you find something that starts to make sense to you.
thanks i will my mom trys to tell me the way she learned but i don't understand the way she learned it i am home schooled and she thinks she done something wrong she diden't its just me

Boy, that makes it even harder for you, since you only have one teacher to learn from. Check out Khan academy. I love the way he explains things, and the videos are short, and cover only one concept at a time.

People approach maths and other problems in different ways. I really sucked at maths, I think I got something like 33% in my last exam
lau.gif
But now I'm doing cash-ups at work and doing sums and math like a pro. I just had to believe in myself and look at it in a rational, calm, logical way. Maybe you should get a tutor to help you or ask a local school's math teacher to have some one-on-one sessions with you. Math is about understanding, you are not dumb just because you don't understand!
And if you haven't read the James Herriot books yet, try and get some copies, you will love it! Let him inspire you.

O4U I have read some of your posts on other threads and I know that you are young...and that is good. I will tell you upfront that the most important thing that you can do is hold on to all of your hopes and dreams no matter what. Situations and life may change them somewhat, but never lose hope and faith in yourself. I am an old guy who remembers very well going through the exact same things, as I am sure many others have also. In high school I was a horrible student and like you,the one thing I never could get was math. When I did go to college it only took me several months before I was asked to leave. If you were to ask anyone in my family or any of my friends back then what would become of me I am sue that most would have said that I would just have some kind of menial job. I can tell you that was not the case. It did take me a while, but through it all I never lost faith in myself and I knew that I could excel one day...and I did. I eventually realized that I may have been "dumb" in math but I was really smart in other things. Math always was hard so I knew that I would need to work hard just to get the basics. Eventually I graduated college and then law school and became successful beyond anyone's wildest dreams, except mine. Math will always be important but you will find that the key to everything is reading and understanding. Don't lose faith, don't lose heart and just keep doing what you can and I am certain that at some point, maybe not soon, but at some point you will begin to really succeed and after that first real success the rest comes easy.

Back
Top Bottom