30 Ducks to transport

Kaw

Songster
Oct 19, 2020
Hi guys,

We have about 30 juvenile Indian Runners. 1/2 are drakes ä. All hand-raised but are wuickly becoming a gang—and someone generously offered a new home for all, about 3.5 hours away. It‘s a large farm. What could be more perfect?
I don‘t have a vehicle that will fit all ducks except a truck and my hubby seems reluctant to lend me the truck or come a long. They are quickly outgrowing their coop and for health and happiness need a larger area; I hope to keep them off the dinner table.
I have three questions.
1) If we drive them, what are reccomendations for travel?
2) Is there an animal transport company or volunteer network you recommend?
3) Any other transport suggestions?
Thsnk you!

We stick our birds in totes (colored plastic, not clear), and pump the A.C. on so they don't over heat. Crowding tends to work a bit better because there's less room to fight and move around so they tend to just lay down and wait.

But I move chickens mainly, not waterfowl.

We stick our birds in totes (colored plastic, not clear), and pump the A.C. on so they don't over heat. Crowding tends to work a bit better because there's less room to fight and move around so they tend to just lay down and wait.

we put ours in those too when we take them anywhere, we sometimes use clear though since our clear bin is bigger than the colored ones for our pekin boys. just curious why you wouldn’t use clear?

here’s mocha last week, going through a subway drive thru and yelling at the worker 383F2875-D8CC-44B9-985A-1F045920F388.jpeg

we put ours in those too when we take them anywhere, we sometimes use clear though since our clear bin is bigger than the colored ones for our pekin boys. just curious why you wouldn’t use clear?

here’s mocha last week, going through a subway drive thru and yelling at the workerView attachment 2821184
we don't use clear so that they're kept in the dark and are kept a bit calmer. Calm birds tend to not pick fights or feathers as often.

Thank you!

here’s mocha last week, going through a subway drive thru and yelling at the workerView attachment 2821184
Cute pic. Thank you for your info.

Wha

What too slow with her meal? lol

Back
Top Bottom