30- zero!

smile.png
Everyone was OK! We had put heat lamps in the coop and the dog has lots of fur and a blanket and was also normal and happy.

Quote:
good for you,,mine also are all fine,I was out a 7 AM and everyone was content and happy,I even have 2 week old chicks in the coop,hen hatched them out in the hay stack and it was -10 below that night..they arent very happy when she decides to take them out in the snow tho..

Quote:
I have to agree with you..but it seems every summer we forget about how cold it really is,,until its to late.

Ah, that explains a lot!!!
lol.png

i'm going to take that as a compliment !!!

Quote:
I have to agree with you..but it seems every summer we forget about how cold it really is,,until its to late.

Ya know, it really isn't that bad if the wind is not blowing.
I have spent time in the south, and it can be 50F, and you will feel liKe you are freezing......because there is so much moisture in the air. It is a damp cold that chills you to the bone.
Many people dont believe me when I tell them that in a dry climate (like northeastern Montana), it can get to zero and you will not be as cold as you would be at 50F in Georgia..........its true!
And we don't have millions of gigantic bugs! *maybe a few mosquitoes*
big_smile.png

I agree with HarlansHollowFarms, on a dry sunny winter day without wind, if it is around 25, I can go out without a hat or gloves. If it is around 40 and cloudy, I feel the cold more, it's the dampness or wind that makes it so miserable.

It's -11 today but it's going to warm up this week tio -4. My rabbit live on our front encolded porch and it gets pretty cold in there but they do well, we only had an issiue with a sick 6 year old , he got a sight case of frostbite on his nose.

It is not going to be as cold tonight. It's going to be about 5-below zero outside. I am still going to leave the heat lamps for the chickens on though.
smile.png

COLD....brrrrr....here too. The dogs here went out for potty breaks then right back in the house.(Our doxies especially dont have a lot of fur. Though our chow cross does and seemed not to be quite as bothered)
Oh well, all a part of living up north, right?
smile.png

Quote:

I have spent time in the south, and it can be 50F, and you will feel liKe you are freezing......because there is so much moisture in the air. It is a damp cold that chills you to the bone.
Many people dont believe me when I tell them that in a dry climate (like northeastern Montana), it can get to zero and you will not be as cold as you would be at 50F in Georgia..........its true!
big_smile.png

Yeah the bugs can be bad!!!! But they ain't bad enough to keep all the snowbirds from retiring down here!!!!
lau.gif
Not many people who live in Savannah or Augusta, or even Valdosta all there lives and then when they retire move up north!!!
Of course I'm just picking!!!! Ive been up north and it was very pretty!!! I'm just not sure I could live up there!!!!
frow.gif

Quote:
big_smile.png

Yeah the bugs can be bad!!!! But they ain't bad enough to keep all the snowbirds from retiring down here!!!!
lau.gif
Not many people who live in Savannah or Augusta, or even Valdosta all there lives and then when they retire move up north!!!
Of course I'm just picking!!!! Ive been up north and it was very pretty!!! I'm just not sure I could live up there!!!!
frow.gif

Yeah, those old snowbirds sit in air conditioning Rvs and trailers, go gambling on the weekends and grump about how cold it is up north......WIMPS!
Personally, I prefer the dry heat and cold.....I lived in KY for 11 years and I was always to hot or to cold and the humidity really killed me (along with the gigantic bugs )
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom