31 day old eggs just started hatching.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chikkken, Sep 29, 2013.

1. chikkken

chikkken Out Of The Brooder

I just checked and the majority of the eggs do have chicks but were all laid the 28th of August, I was actually throwing them out today and something made me go out earlier than usual and found the first one had hatched.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    a hen was sitting? and u dont have dates mixed? WOW!!! u see any leg problems?

3. chikkken

The only hatched chick seems to be fine, and no I marked the calendar on the day I marked the eggs.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  4. chikkken

[​IMG]
    This is the same chic that was born about 12 hours ago, looks like it is doing well to me but like I said this is my first time hatching.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    they wernt all laid on the 28th mabey some later eggs ? thats 32 days, well i guess u know that allready. haha their not guinea which is 28 days. got me.[​IMG]

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thats about one of the prettyist doodles ive ever seen. what is it?

7. chikkken

I was about to throw them out today as I thought it was way past time for hatching, they were all laid by the 28th when I marked them. I have been worried all day that there inside struggling to get out for the last 10 days, is that possible that the sac and shell are too hard for them to break through? **** I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum!

8. chikkken

They are Easter Eggers....I have pictures posted in my profile of the hens and rooster.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    is it polish? boy i would like to get my greedy hands on it

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    glad u posted wrong site what state u in? i would be intersted in this chick or one of simalar colors

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by