37 hours after external pip, should I help?

Here he is. I was up all night watching him and he hatched when I was out this morning getting him some friends. He was huge and needed help getting out. He had some of his yolk left I think. It was brown but wasn’t attached and his tummy looks good but he stinks. Like really cheesy when we opened the incubator to help. What is that? I’m worried it’s sign of an infection?
anyways he is gorgeous and gigantic.
:wee you did it!

:wee you did it!
Ahh guys he’s not doing well! I don’t know if he was stuck for too long. One of his eyes is swollen and hardly opens, he can hardly stand as his legs are weird. His head keeps flinging backwards and he was ending up on his back. He just seems much weaker now and isn’t moving around as much. I have literally just burst out crying. I think cause I stayed up all night and I’m so frustrated that I’ve probably done something wrong.

Ahh guys he’s not doing well! I don’t know if he was stuck for too long. One of his eyes is swollen and hardly opens, he can hardly stand as his legs are weird. His head keeps flinging backwards and he was ending up on his back. He just seems much weaker now and isn’t moving around as much. I have literally just burst out crying. I think cause I stayed up all night and I’m so frustrated that I’ve probably done something wrong.
I'm sorry but this doesn't sound good and it could be one of many different things.

Whatever has happened during the last 24 hours is not what caused his deformities.
It was most likely happened before.

I'm sorry but this doesn't sound good and it could be one of many different things.

Whatever has happened during the last 24 hours is not what caused his deformities.
It was most likely happened before.
I feel so bad for him now. Like I’m just watching him die. Thanks for all your help and support last night.

Thanks but I won’t be incubating again. I’ve tried it and probably ****ed up along the way and lost these little ducks and feel awful.
No. You can't quit. You use all of this to learn and do things differently in the future.

We have ALL been in your shoes.

Do not give up!

Okay, so one of my chicks did that , too. I put it in a small terra cotta flower pot to force him not to be splayed leg and not to be bullied. He/she was better by morning- able to walk.

He’s on his way out I’m sure. He has hardly moved

Attachments

• 79428841-6DD4-4F1D-8EFC-16A9AC97E525.jpeg
    79428841-6DD4-4F1D-8EFC-16A9AC97E525.jpeg
    401.7 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom