3BoysChicks - Hatch #3 - (Suede)ettes - 3/13 5:00 PM 8 Hatched - DONE

ThreeBoysChicks

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Thurmont, MD
Ever since I started on BYC, I have wanted some Suedettes. SpeckledHen's beautiful boy Suede. All last year, when I had a broody, Ms. Cynthia did not have any eggs avaiable and when she did, my broodies had stopped. So this year, I built an incubator. I got some B/B/S Orpington eggs (Suedettes), some Barred Rock and a few from her girl Meg.

Part of my Birthday present. Nothing else matter, becasue I got this from Ms. Cynthia.
b20090219Hatch3_1.jpg

Opened the box, see the awesome packing job.
b20090219Hatch3_2.jpg

Here they are resting.
b20090219hATCH3_3.jpg

Ms. Cynthia had told me that some of the BBS were not fertile, becaue of fluff issues, so she sent extras. 21 Eggs Total.

4 Barred Rock Eggs
3 Meg Eggs
6 Skye Eggs
8 Other B/B/S Girls Eggs

They went in the bator. All has gone good. Going into the Hatcher tomorrow will be:

3 Barred Rock
1 Meg
2 Syke
3 Other B/B/S Girls

I can not wait. Finally some Suedettes will be here. I sure hope I get some girls and a Suede junior would not be so bad either.

Last edited:
Yeah for Suede babies! He is a pretty guy....I'm sorry a handsome guy.
big_smile.png
I bet they will all be cute! Can't wait to see what you end up with.

Hey, Ed, any action yet? You know, I just did a fertility re-test here and I had to toss every one of Skye's eggs; I have five of fifteen that started developing, so I wonder how on earth you got any of Skye's eggs to grow--unless, somehow, they are Meg's and I goofed up, LOL. Skye's are usually very fat eggs with a matte finish and an occasion smattering of freckles and Meg's are more elongated and shiny, so I dont usually confuse them. If they pop out with little red/brown faces, you'll know they're Meggie's!

I have PIP
wee.gif

I was at work today and just got home, ran to the hatcher and I have PIP.
ya.gif
It is Meg's egg. So Ms. Cynthia, you said that you had to pop the top on your Meg egg. Can you give me more details. What to look for, when to help, etc.

Here we go!!!! My boss wants me to work from home tomorrow and Friday to focus on a project I have to get finished. I was more than happy to accomodate the request as tomorrow should be the big hatch day.

celebrate.gif

Um, Ed, that is the smaller egg, right? I just found out today that Smoky is sometimes laying eggs that are similar in finish and color to Meg's, though usually smaller than Meg's, so it may be hers. Seems her eggs are getting larger so it may not be Meg's at all. We'll know when it fluffs out, though. I just have to get Meg out of that coop now so I dont confuse her eggs with Smoky's.
barnie.gif

I wouldnt worry about helping till it has been pipped for about 24 hours. That's when we finally helped a tiny bit with her baby, who was wedged into that egg very tightly.
How convenient that you have to be home tomorrow!
wink.png

Quote:
Smokey is a goregeous Blue Hen. I have some Suede Babies and they are so pretty. Had one that I thought was a boy, then thought it was a girl, now I am almost certain it's a boy. Went around calling him Suedette for the longest time, so now it is Seudester.
I can also tell you that the Barred Rocks from Cyn are super friendly.

Back
Top Bottom