3nd EGG IN 4 DAYS!!!!!! WHHOOO 6 10/2 PLUS A RUBBERY SOFT SHELLED ONE

pirtykitty

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Waco, Texas
I went out this morning around 7:00 am and there was another egg in night pen.... This one makes the second one in 3 days.. It was also a little bigge than the first. ( I still have first one in fridge).. Saving them up to either bake something or so hubby and I can each have two eggs for breakfast one morning...
We got the doors all on Saturday and the hardware cloth on top this morning... Hubby has gone to Lowes to get locks for the doors..

Last edited:
Got a 3rd egg this morning.. She layed it in the nest.. We moved them into the new night pen last night.. and I had put a golf ball in each nest.. !!! Wish I new which one of the two WH's it was.

My ducks have been so sporadic. Since they are rookies, I guess I can forgive them. The most I have gotten in one day is 4/5. Today, only two, but I think my runner is going to make me play egg hunter. She didn't lay in her usual spot in the igloo. The younger girls are just laying theirs wherever in the pen
tongue.png
The WH eggs are getting bigger. They started out the size of a medium chicken egg. They are up to large now
big_smile.png

I've gotten one small one, one larger one, and then a smaller one this morning.. How do I figure out which one is laying.. I don't think both of them are yet.. I guess the sure way to tell will be if I get two eggs one morning.. LOL.. The cayuga female will not start laying for a while I don't think..
I got a four egg this morning.. That makes 4 eggs in 6 days.. They used the end nest this time..
Trying to figure out which to do first with the eggs. LOL. eat for breakfast or bake..

Last edited:
I fixed them up a special salad this morning. Romaine Lettuce, zucchinni, cucmbers, corn and some apple.. I put in two seperate bowls floated in water so they wouldn't argue. LOL.. The black cayuga male is a piggy..
Share is not in his vocabulary..

Congratulations on your eggs! This is so much fun.

My Khaki Campbells started laying right along with Wifezilla's girls. They are now 23 weeks old. I have seven left (some nasty coyote or fox got 2), and today I got 6 eggs, a new record. They are averaging about 65 grams; chicken eggs are classed as XL when they reach 64 grams. I'm so proud! I got an 86 gram egg the other day--it was huge.

Wonder of wonders, they have all started laying in one nest! Someone on here said that they like a protected place, so I used a couple of straw bales to form a little cul-de-sac in the corner of their coop, and now they are all laying in there.

I haven't weighed mine yet.. all I have is a postal scale. I used one of them this evening to make brownies.. recipe called for 2 eggs so I used 1 chicken and 1 duck egg..
I broke the chicken egg in bowl and then broke the duck egg in with it side by side the duck egg yoke was deeper than the chicken and the yoke was pretty and clear..
The one that is laying ( still don't know which) keeps laying in a different nest.. Hopefully we will get the roof on the new night pen tomorrow.. right now just have the frosted fibeglass on top of it.. we have hard ware cloth on all four sides. Hubby has to figure out the pitch so we can open and shut the doors and also so I won't bump my head.. LOL. I love going out in the morning and finding an egg waiting for me!!!
Hubby told me tonight I need to fix one for us to try..
How do I fry them to make them taste the best????

Got another small egg this morning so that makes 5 th egg in 7 days. I made browines last night using 1 duck egg and one chicken egg.. I think they turned out pretty good. Hubby said the duck egg made them richer tasting..

I found one egg this evening in grassy area do day pen.. It was rubbery... I put it in water and it layed on its side.. Scrambled for the dogs. could this mean than another of the Welsh harlequins is starting to lay????

Back
Top Bottom