3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking about what -I want to hatch... I have WS (2) and maran mix (a blue roo over a partridge?? is that a color?? maran) (8) in the bator now. What I order will depend on what hatches...

I'd really like to get some EE and then maybe some olive eggers?? See, I'm just thinking and scheming for now...

The hens I have lay brown, white and I have one that lays a pinkish coloured egg. What I'd like is to have a large assortment of colours when I collect my eggs. There is a local store that will buy my eggs to sell (if only those rotten selfish hens would lay!) to others. Mostly though I have banties and that poses a bit of a problem. Hmmm [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm reading and thinking...

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I'm Jonesin. I have eggs in the bator and I have about 5 Coturnix eggs and 3 from my EE who is in with my AM and FBCM roos as well as an Olive Egger roo. Could be anybody's. I need someone to stop moulting and lay some eggs. Better yet, it would be nice if my AM girls finally started laying. I'm getting to the point that I may start hunting pennies and make a trip to Safewat or Trader Joes.

I really need help. Then again, better chickens than drugs or alcohol. Although those are easy to come by in my neighborhood. This really is an addiction!

3. Allbreeds

Allbreeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2011
    Checotah, ok
    Lordy! I thought I was the only person who hatched all year long. Glad to see there are other crazies out here.

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Ya haven't been here long enough. LOL

My incubators have been running constant since February 2010. Just running out of things to hatch right now. hehe

5. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm new to using an incubator --- I have what I think is an LG that I borrowed from my son's Grandfather's sister in law. Lol!

Right now I am scheming as to what kind of eggs to try to hatch and then deciding where the heck to put them! I have 12 full grown banties, 1 9week old mixed breed banty with a top hat, 3 week old chicks with their mama and 3 eggs that should hatch anytime. Their coop with attached run is 4x6. Needless to say there is NO room in that inn. Oh yeah I have 10 eggs in the LG bator too! [​IMG] I'm hoping Sandy Claws brings me a bigger coop! I've got to build a new one soon...

I am really looking forward to the NYD hatch! I love love these chickens! [​IMG]

edited for clarity

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  6. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I am plotting to build myself a third cabinet incubator before spring. :-D

7. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Quote:in time for the easter hatch? [​IMG]

8. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Some time in the next month when it gets too cold to do much outside, I can build stuff in the garage.

9. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    lalalallaa...Today they are finishing pouring concrete. Now my chickies can poop under the porch in style.

10. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by