3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Well tomorrow begins and intensely BUSY week for me.

snip.............
..............snip

Sweet dreams. G'nite y'all!

Last edited:
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
HA! I have over 50 hens and NOT ONE is laying! Beat that!!
cool.png

Oops...I guess that isn't something to be proud of, huh?
hide.gif

~Aspen

Before mine started laying DH had me go in the pen with the hatchet and have the 'Eggs or Meat' talk with the girls, first egg was laid 2 days later. See! It works!
gig.gif

Quote:
I do love it. Hooray for small towns! How big is the town you live in?
big_smile.png
I think it's the most beautiful place on earth here. It is tiny though, not even a stop light! No delivery dudes for me, that would sure be nice to actually get mail delivered to my house.
Good news is my eggs were in my sisters mailbox, just had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get them. Pretty winter drive!
BEST pack job ever on these eggs. I am very very impressed. Big good looking eggs too! I have hope for these eggs now. I just never know about shipped eggs though my experience has generally been positive. My most recent 2 shipments hatched at 50% of eggs set.

So clean the bator and tomorrow is the big day!

Quote:
They will be "fun sized"! I have 5 hens my sis hatched for me that are bantam/standard mixed and I like them a lot. Here is a photo of my favorite two fun sizers from a couple months ago.
chickensonmyarm.jpg

I bought my chicken eggs today! Hopefully they handled their stay in the fridge(they were at a farm store sold as eating eggs). They're all marked and ready to go!
They'll be some mixture of brahma, cornish and EE assuming their rooster knows how to do his job. Any guesses as to which are which?
eggs001-1.jpg

Well lets see:

No stop lights

No police

Volunteer medics and fire department

No banks

No movies theaters

2 stores and one is also the liquor store

a post office that we share with roughly 4 other communities

main st is a state highway

Good luck with the eggs! Let the insanity and stress begin!

Quote:
I do love it. Hooray for small towns! How big is the town you live in?
big_smile.png
I think it's the most beautiful place on earth here. It is tiny though, not even a stop light! No delivery dudes for me, that would sure be nice to actually get mail delivered to my house.
Good news is my eggs were in my sisters mailbox, just had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get them. Pretty winter drive!
BEST pack job ever on these eggs. I am very very impressed. Big good looking eggs too! I have hope for these eggs now. I just never know about shipped eggs though my experience has generally been positive. My most recent 2 shipments hatched at 50% of eggs set.

So clean the bator and tomorrow is the big day!

Quote:
Do we happen to share the same Zip Code??? You just described where I live.
gig.gif

Wait, there's also a Feed Store/Hardware Store/Gas Station/U-Haul.

Thats what I was thinking til the post office part. We have 2 fire depts because everyone is on a well, they have to keep a reservoir truck at both ends of town. All the stores in town are liquor/general stores.

Back
Top Bottom