3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
So cute..... I know what you mean by again I've been hatching since the beginning of November and haven't let up. I had to set up another incubator because I've got staggered hatches...and it's working fantastic. I'm up to about 30 silkies and show girls, 5 bantam wyandottes, a few cochin x silkies and eggs due on Christmas Eve Eve (December 23rd) ....and I refilled the bator for the NYD hatch.....I believe I've caught the Hatch-A-Holic's bug or the Can'tStopHatchin' disease that is so prevalent here on BYC. I simply can't put a bantam egg in the fridge.

Quote:
You forgot St Patricks Day!
tongue.png
I don't even know when it is bit I know it's big over there.
lol.png

I love Google: St. Patrick's Day is on Saturday, 17 March 2012 so there is your March one.
big_smile.png

Edit: and I see someone beat me too it. Oh well.
lol.png

I think that there is also Martin Luther King day in January. The whole country celebrates the day except for the State of Arizona.

It turns out that I bought a 40.00 brooder. After the chicks hatched in the bator, I offered them to Miss Tulay. She was simply delighted to become their mother.
21930_tulys_a_mommy_005.jpg

There are 4 more chicks underneath Tulay.

Last edited:
Quote:
So cute..... I know what you mean by again I've been hatching since the beginning of November and haven't let up. I had to set up another incubator because I've got staggered hatches...and it's working fantastic. I'm up to about 30 silkies and show girls, 5 bantam wyandottes, a few cochin x silkies and eggs due on Christmas Eve Eve (December 23rd) ....and I refilled the bator for the NYD hatch.....I believe I've caught the Hatch-A-Holic's bug or the Can'tStopHatchin' disease that is so prevalent here on BYC. I simply can't put a bantam egg in the fridge.

I have not stopped hatching since LAST New Years Hatch.
th.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I WILL be shutting down the Dickey after this...I swear
fl.gif

Quote:

th.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

fl.gif

I love it, I love it! Sounds like how 2012 is going to be for me.

Quote:

th.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

fl.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Anyone want to make a wager on this? Naahhhhh, didn't think so.....

Sounds like the plaintive wail of a Hatchaholic to me....

That's okay. You're in good company....

Quote:
th.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

fl.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Anyone want to make a wager on this? Naahhhhh, didn't think so.....

Sounds like the plaintive wail of a Hatchaholic to me....

That's okay. You're in good company....

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

My daughter bet me a month of chores.
gig.gif

I'm gunna win !!!

Note: I said I will be shutting down the "Dickey"....didn't say a word about the Brinsea.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Thank you, I feel better. Temps have been great since it heated back up last night. I have my own eggs going on lockdown tomorrow
clap.gif

It sure was a gorgeous day here in So OR. It was great to be able to spend some quality time out with the zoo creatures we have (chickens, horses, goats, emu, llama, 1/2 zebra *Zony*, cats and dogs)

Quote:
You forgot St Patricks Day!
tongue.png
I don't even know when it is bit I know it's big over there.
lol.png

I love Google: St. Patrick's Day is on Saturday, 17 March 2012 so there is your March one.
big_smile.png

Edit: and I see someone beat me too it. Oh well.
lol.png

It's not really a "Holiday", but in lieu of something better, aren't most State Fairs in August? Don't think anyone will cry "Fowl Foul".
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom