3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. LeasureChix

LeasureChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Medford OR
    Quote:Way cool! My grandmother used to raise guppies. Little cuties.

2. peafowlmom

peafowlmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Summerville ,SC
    Quote:So cute..... I know what you mean by again I've been hatching since the beginning of November and haven't let up. I had to set up another incubator because I've got staggered hatches...and it's working fantastic. I'm up to about 30 silkies and show girls, 5 bantam wyandottes, a few cochin x silkies and eggs due on Christmas Eve Eve (December 23rd) ....and I refilled the bator for the NYD hatch.....I believe I've caught the Hatch-A-Holic's bug or the Can'tStopHatchin' disease that is so prevalent here on BYC. I simply can't put a bantam egg in the fridge.

Are show girls different from silkies? Carrie

3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Silkies have feathers all over, Show girls have naked neck genes so you can see their necks.

4. 9Catsz

9Catsz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Southeastern Missouri
    Quote:So cute..... I know what you mean by again I've been hatching since the beginning of November and haven't let up. I had to set up another incubator because I've got staggered hatches...and it's working fantastic. I'm up to about 30 silkies and show girls, 5 bantam wyandottes, a few cochin x silkies and eggs due on Christmas Eve Eve (December 23rd) ....and I refilled the bator for the NYD hatch.....I believe I've caught the Hatch-A-Holic's bug or the Can'tStopHatchin' disease that is so prevalent here on BYC. I simply can't put a bantam egg in the fridge.

Are show girls different from silkies? Carrie

Yeah, they're missing some feathers. [​IMG]

5. peafowlmom

peafowlmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Summerville ,SC
    Thanks guys. I've been seeing showgirls and thought they won at the fair or something until this thread made it sound like it's own breed .

I am hatching some of my own chick eggs and really, really hoping they are fertile!!and that my hens have been laying long enough.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  6. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
  7. sager:)silkies

sager:)silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    To make the new years hatch when's the latest u can set the eggs

8. namastemama

namastemama Chillin' With My Peeps

I would think maybe Dec 12th would have been the last day, and that would be hoping for early hatchers.

9. mclevinson

mclevinson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    My son had an entire MONTH of Black History every single year at his school in Benson. Arizona.
    Quote:You forgot St Patricks Day! [​IMG] I don't even know when it is bit I know it's big over there. [​IMG]

I love Google: St. Patrick's Day is on Saturday, 17 March 2012 so there is your March one. [​IMG]

Edit: and I see someone beat me too it. Oh well. [​IMG]

I think that there is also Martin Luther King day in January. The whole country celebrates the day except for the State of Arizona.

10. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Quote:Pics please! I bet a Zony is adorable! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by