3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Ok...so you all "talked" me into candling.
lol.png
I pulled 16/79 eggs. Not bad....Not bad at all.
old.gif

Quote:
I hadn't heard of this before.... What all are you looking for? If they sink are they duds?
idunno.gif

I've got Marans eggs going, too, and they're most frustrating...cannot tell a thing going on (i.e. veins, eyes) except for yolk floaty shadows.... So I guess I won't do a cull until Day 18 lockdown when I can determine if they're still sloshing in egg whites. But I hadn't ever heard of the water thing. Que?

Search for float test and you'll find it. It's a way you can tell if the eggs are viable, especially when they are "past time"

I finally got the Pot Bator back to temp and then my Hova Bator was off temp. I think the baby messed with the thermostat. It was only at 110*F so not that big of a spike. I readjusted the thermostat and everything is fine and dandy.
thumbsup.gif

I really wouldn't call it a temp. spike, though, since it was at the temperature the thermostat was set to. Just not where I set it too.
lol.png

Swimming anyone???

This is my first time ever trying to hatch eggs. I didn't take the time yet to recheck the brown eggs (I'm on my way to the office xmas party), but I couldn't wait to look at the six tinted/white eggs.

Each egg had a chick wiggling and squirming!!!! OMG, I am soooooooo excited. Please don't let me mess anything up now.

Deb

Back
Top Bottom