3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Okay...so today I broke down... I have a load in the bator due for lockdown on the 13th, NYD set is 11th, so hubby says he will build bator/hatcher #2. Then I said great. I know how things go, as the grow-out extension just got finished [​IMG] but no coop type thingee in there...so I bought the hatcher bator today, will be here in less than a week. Now no worries as what to do with the eggs in bator 1 that won't be done cooking by the 11th [​IMG] I think he will like that idea [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] NYD hatch...bring it on...shipping eggs for the swap, getting eggs....thinking I am going to go look at the auctions...shhhh don't tell him.....

2. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Thanks for mentioning the auction part... ogling some showgirls now.

3. GrannysRoost

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:LOL...If I hatch naked necks....I won't go there or he will and not good, but sure I would convince him they are valuable...Good luck on the auction! [​IMG]

4. superchemicalgirl

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    You have been outbid

[​IMG]

I. Do. Not. Need. Any. More. Birds.

5. GrannysRoost

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Sorry, you do not need, but you want...two different stories or the same....?...Oh I want ducks and so does the granddaughter... [​IMG]

6. superchemicalgirl

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Duck eggs for this hatch go in on Sunday if you can get them by then... just sayin'... I can't wait to get my ducks back, pain in the rear as they were they were so cute and I want their nasty poo water for my giant pumpkin plants... plus great slug patrol and we get slugs here that I could ride to work if I so wanted.

7. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Drat! I thought I was already to late for ducks, I could have got some sent to me in time if I'd realized. [​IMG]

8. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Whew!!! I forgot how early everyone starts talking about the special hatches.. I came in tonight thinking we still have almost 2 weeks before setting eggs so I should only have a few pages to read.... TWENTY FOUR pages later, I am finally caught up.. LOL

I'm really wanting to join in on this hatch again... As happened last year, my chickens are not laying.. They normally start to lay again in mid December but for right now, I am lucky to get one or two eggs a week out of 12 hens and 8 pullets and they are not fertile... I am trying to set up a few dozen that I can have sent to me but am awaiting a reply before I can say for sure that I will be in it.. Hopefully I will know something tomorrow... [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

9. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA
    Quote:December Egg Swap

Well, I would but my 'bator is going to be full of Iowa Blues! I'm getting 6 eggs a day now! [​IMG] I dug my seedling heat mats out of storage and put them under the nest box so hopefully if it gets cold they won't freeze.

10. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I am still working on getting eggs other than my own, will update when I know what I have. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by