3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Okay...so today I broke down... I have a load in the bator due for lockdown on the 13th, NYD set is 11th, so hubby says he will build bator/hatcher #2. Then I said great. I know how things go, as the grow-out extension just got finished
smile.png
but no coop type thingee in there...so I bought the hatcher bator today, will be here in less than a week. Now no worries as what to do with the eggs in bator 1 that won't be done cooking by the 11th
smile.png
I think he will like that idea
thumbsup.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
hide.gif
NYD hatch...bring it on...shipping eggs for the swap, getting eggs....thinking I am going to go look at the auctions...shhhh don't tell him.....

Duck eggs for this hatch go in on Sunday if you can get them by then... just sayin'... I can't wait to get my ducks back, pain in the rear as they were they were so cute and I want their nasty poo water for my giant pumpkin plants... plus great slug patrol and we get slugs here that I could ride to work if I so wanted.

Whew!!! I forgot how early everyone starts talking about the special hatches.. I came in tonight thinking we still have almost 2 weeks before setting eggs so I should only have a few pages to read.... TWENTY FOUR pages later, I am finally caught up.. LOL

I'm really wanting to join in on this hatch again... As happened last year, my chickens are not laying.. They normally start to lay again in mid December but for right now, I am lucky to get one or two eggs a week out of 12 hens and 8 pullets and they are not fertile... I am trying to set up a few dozen that I can have sent to me but am awaiting a reply before I can say for sure that I will be in it.. Hopefully I will know something tomorrow...
smile.png

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Quote:
December Egg Swap

Well, I would but my 'bator is going to be full of Iowa Blues! I'm getting 6 eggs a day now!
ya.gif
I dug my seedling heat mats out of storage and put them under the nest box so hopefully if it gets cold they won't freeze.

Back
Top Bottom