3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Here's one of the Emu Eggs.

[​IMG]
    And here's my home made incubator. Inside is a light bulb and some eggs, so nothing special. It's insulated with bubble wrap. Very pricey and intricate, huh?[​IMG]

2. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Is that a dutch oven?

I totally have like, 3 of them... and a couple of extra crock pots...

[​IMG]

3. champer

champer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    San Martin, CA
    runsw/scissors, thanks so much for the lovely offer of eggs, I love banties, but I think I have plenty for my first try and it's probably too late for shipping. 24 shipped eggs arrived this afternoon, box was crushed on one side but the contents were intact if more than a bit shaken up. My local lady thinks she'll have 6 for me on Sat too. This incubator holds 40 eggs, but no point overloading it first time out. Oh wait, that's crazy talk around here.

4. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:Can we plan biggest loser then? [​IMG] I got some of Bargain's eggs and hatched Thanksgiving...got some cute little silkies feathering out and a splash marans that is so giant with those little ones [​IMG] Thinking need more marans...

Hey GrannysRoost you should go check out Charm1704 Auction [​IMG] [​IMG] She just posted some of her beautiful Blue Splash marans egg up and I have some of these chicks already They are incredible and so is her packing [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

LOL...already saw it, I am thinking of taping my fingers to something other than the mouse so I can't click [​IMG]

5. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:We'll just give you a little time,...wait until you start stacking them [​IMG]

6. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    Quote:yup, dutch oven! Don't forget the way expensive bubble wrap.

7. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck with the emu eggs, are they due new years? If they are they should be rocking now.
    I hatched two in a home made incubator, worked like a charm.

8. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Linda this makes me just want to cry! I feel so bad that you get this great new place and this is how the Welcoming Commitee treats you. It's just so unfair and my heart breaks for you and your birds.

Have no fear. I refuse to damage a potenial chickie of any kind to win a contest. That would be more like losing in my book. I hope all of these hatch. Just stating a fact about my luck as usual.

9. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:Superchemicalgirl..... I think I can hear your brain whirring all the way down here in Florida.... you just leave those cooking implements in the cupboard and stick to the incubators..... [​IMG]

gryeyes & Mahonri: That's horrible! I hope you get to keep your chickens!! [​IMG]

RBF: Super cool to see you and AK Michelle on the map, a bit sad you're all alone. I humbly offer to stay with one of you during the holidays, I've never been to AK or Australia. [​IMG]

Sumatra503: I really thought all of you were kidding about hatching EMUS!!! How long does it take to incubate??? [​IMG]

10. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    Quote:i just recieved them today, so they will be due in February.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by