3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    So want emu eggs now...Ok crockpot, electric frypan, dutch ovens...shhhhhhhh....

AK Michelle, I know exactly where you are at, hubby has a cousin up there and we lived on the peninsula Kenai-Soldotna area for 2 years before coming to AZ....I never got to have the chickens up there...looks like you are in a gorgeous spot [​IMG]

2. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Sumatra... I was trying to get that Kathy eyeball .gif thing here, but that's above my paygrade, too.

You are in Trouble.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  3. GrannysRoost

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:LOL...flippin LOL...that is priceless as to the extent we "could" go [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    It was a very large pot1 Does that help any with your crazyness?

5. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    Quote:Oh no! That's like enough for 1,000 eggs!

6. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Quote:Hmmm your from Florida, you'd probably survive our weather, fly on over! [​IMG] We had 97f last week, I hardly need turn the 'bators on! [​IMG]

Edit: You crazy people with crock pots are giving me ideas! I have... um... 5 or 6 of them? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. GrannysRoost

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:Hmmm your from Florida, you'd probably survive our weather, fly on over! [​IMG] We had 97f last week, I hardly need turn the 'bators on! [​IMG]

I remember this past last summer at 105 and our air conditioning went out....I put ice in the bottom of the bator to maintain [​IMG]

8. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

It would be for the kids, ya know, because I teach social studies. See, I NEED first hand experience of Australia. Plus, it's one of the few places outside the USA that I want to visit! I'll start packing. How does one keep an incubator going on an airplane?!?!? [​IMG]

9. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Ok... I'm in [​IMG] This sounds like fun!!! [​IMG]

10. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine

It would be for the kids, ya know, because I teach social studies. See, I NEED first hand experience of Australia. Plus, it's one of the few places outside the USA that I want to visit! I'll start packing. How does one keep an incubator going on an airplane?!?!? [​IMG]

Put the eggs in your undergarments ... TSA agents love that.

I need to come too... pharmaceutical research... erm...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by