3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Make that two pips!
clap.gif
clap.gif

At least the early bird won't be lonely....

G'Nite, all. Time for bed. I gave blood today and am feeling kinda drained....

I came home from work tonight and my daughter tells me, "I'm hearing things!"... Come to find out, there's a good reason... She was hearing peeps from the 4 pips I have!
lau.gif

Anyway, here is my submission for the most colorful rooster...

33603_319585_315712838440346_100000048979358_1306229_383334578_na.jpg

Goddess
jumpy.gif

So, I had this long post written out at about 9PM... somehow I fell asleep and lost the entire thing. Thursday after work, two of my boys went hiking with me and we ran for an entire hour and 15 minutes. I was bushed.

Needless to say, I'm tired. Got my sons up way early and we WORKED non stop on building some grow out pens on the south of the house from 8:30AM until past dark.

Out of the 19 eggs in my bator 15 hatched. Of those 15, two were bargain EEs, two were EEs from my coop and the rest were Icelandics. When bargain's EEs came out, I thought they looked lavender when they hatched, but when they dried, they look black.

I picked up 13 from Laree including 3 Swedish Flower Hens (Thank you Sheriff Mary!) , four FBCMs and the rest Icelandics, (Thank you Boston).
Laree and I are hoping for a trio (1 roo 2 pullets) with the SFHs so we can get a little Phoenix Flock of them going.

I have 4 eggs still in the bator, two are pipped... one is an EE (BWA X Prod. R) the other is a purebred Wheaten Ameraucana. The two non-pipped are an EE (BWA X SLW) and an Icelandic.

I did have one Icelandic from Laree's hatch that didn't make it.

I am so grateful for Laree and the hatching of all of those miracle chicks even after the bator went down. She is the absolute best!

BUT, I did have 28 TOTAL hatch with the possibility right now of two more to hatch. If they haven't progressed when the Sun is up, I'll help the last two pipped ones if they haven't expired.

My previous post was much better written and way more interesting.

Needless to say I need some sleep.

Last edited:
BWA that pipped almost 18 hours ago, just zipped and popped it's top off! It's huge. Gotta be a roo.

That makes 29!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom