3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Is this me? My name is spelled a little different... Cielo.
It's not that I didn't believe in your egg hatching abilities. It's just I know how persnickety eggs can be and in winter no less!
big_smile.png
I'm sure y'alls hatch rate would have been a solid 100% in warmer weather! Thanks for the prize. I've been scoping out the GFM, now I'll likely be hooked on it forever.

No hatches for me yet. Just one solid pip but I heard cheeping a couple minutes ago!

We still have no pips, but have seen a couple eggs rocking this morning, and hearing a bit of chirping going on. Fingers crossed, we set a little early so were prepared to see something by now...

Okay, apparently they did know I was waiting for them here on the outside of their little eggshell worlds.

This is my first hatch attempt ever and I set 14 eggs.

Last night at 8:45 I got my first pip. Shortly after, I saw a crack so tiny on another egg (it required my reading glasses to see it). It was either a crack or an errant great dane hair (we have lots of those around the house). When I finally went to bed at 1:00 I had 5 pipped. When I checked this morning at 5:00am, I had 7 pipped. As of 8 am, I have 11 pipped.

Two eggs have a big enough hole that I can see the chick (a mutt and a campine). The mutt chick (the dog hair crack) is starting to zip
wee.gif

I don't care if anyone coming comes before hatch contest time. I can't wait. My husband if off to the feed store today for chick starter. I was afraid to get it sooner (still a bit afraid), I didn't want to jinx the eggs!

Deb

Last edited:
Lots of posts in the past 12 hours!!! And so many funny ones... like the akward dance scene.
lau.gif
Missed the how many will hatch by 5, I think... thought a guess of 1/3 would be low enough. Although with this hatch, anyone who gets one is doing well.
wink.png

My eggs are still sitting there. I caught my incubator running cold on day 5 or so, and I'll assume that is why I have no hatching action yet. Maybe they will hatch by the time Gryeyes eggs hatch.
hmm.png
So hard to sit on my hands....

Glad eveyone else is getting cute little fuzzybutts... please post pictures!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my first egg hatched!!!!!!!!!! It was the dog hair zipped egg. From the time it started to zip, it took ten minutes to totally hatch (9:39am) and within 2 minutes was up walking. Most of the eggs were from my hatchery egg flock. Mom is a cuckoo marans and dad is either a BA or a welsummer.

wee.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

Deb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom