3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Let me see, I can drop a few off to you at Helwig's..............

wink.png

Deb

Quote:
That is hilarious! I especially love the one crammed in the corner. Aren't chickens so curious? I was amazed at how many of my chickens could fit in my small duck coop when I put fresh hay in it.

Edited to also add that that's a gorgeous duck or goose... not sure which. What kind is it?

Last edited:
At 1:11 P.M. the first chick has landed! Lots of Ummmph... Looked like a Herculean effort to launch itself.

51132_img_0195.jpg

51132_img_0196.jpg

51132_img_0197.jpg

A nice healthy Faverolles with all five toes accounted for.... And there goes the afternoon!

He's got a little friend that popped out, too, but fell into the empty spots in the corner of the bator. That one was truly cute with the "shell cap" on it's head, but wasn't easily photographic.

This is soooooo cool. (Even if it does knock one more out of the NYD Hatch after Midnight contest)

Hmmm.... Rule clarification, please?

Is the 1st chick after midnight designated as the first chick in the clutch? (i.e. so if your first chick has thus far hatched you're out of the contest entirely) Or is it any chick that hatches after midnight? (i.e. you may have had some hatch earlier on the 31st, but the 1st chick hatched after midnight)

Inquiring minds want to know!

(If it's the former, I'm done. If it's the later, guess I won't go to bed early)

My cats are so very excited that we have increased our cable TV selection. They now have the full grown chicken channel (outdoors), the duckling channel (very popular until they get splashed), the chick channel and the incubator channel. That's in addition to the non-poultry offerings like the squirrel and chipmunk channel. Hopefully these cats sleep well tonight after all this stimulation.

Quote:
What a CUTE chick! A very good photo. Somebody (with skills I don't have!!!) needs to make some calendars just with good chick photos! But anyway, this cutie just seems to be especially cute. Is it a marans or X? (I see feathered legs!)

Back
Top Bottom