3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

One hatched! Got home from shooting and motorbiking in the mountains to a peeping chick!
1231111437.jpg

No other visible pips though...
hmm.png

More pictures more pictures post more pictures!

We decided to follow the rest of you all and go to a movie. Checking out Puss and Boots at the dollars theater. Have three more pipped hoping they will hatch soon! 6 chicks already, a couple are going to need boots for curled toes, I suspect due to the temp swings, but all pretty healthy so far!

Two of the SFH chicks

10376_img_0658.jpg

With 'her' new boots on...
10376_img_0662.jpg

So are any of these SFH chicks or are they all Icelandics?

10376_img_0663.jpg

My two bargain EEs. Guess what? I did get a lavender!!

10376_img_0659.jpg

Here is everybody...

10376_group_shot.jpg

And the two 'grow out pens' we built yesterday. 8 X 16... two pens.

10376_img_0664.jpg

Still waiting to put #29 in the brooder box inside the Laree Brooder.

2 chicks is it for me... someone (a little I think) or some cat managed to send the temp soaring to over 110 (the highest my thermometer will go) and killed the rest of my clutch.
sad.png

I'm really upset too as I had 1 last CJ egg left; it had internally pipped and everything! There were two viable pure Aracauna eggs that were chirping (in the egg) earlier this morning that died as well.

hit.gif
hit.gif
duc.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

That leaves me with either a hot2pot or possibly a swapped egg and one of mine that hatched.
he.gif

We've got about 5 hours left here on the East Coast before midnight... Just had number 8 or 9 hatch a few minutes ago and I have a few pips and a couple of eggs that haven't done anything yet... I could still be in the running for first 2012 chick... if I can stay awake. I'm working on my 4th cup of tea now.

With my luck I'll probably be running to the bathroom all night from the tea and miss the first 2012 chick hatching.

Quote:
Congratulations!

The grow out pens look great!
The SFH chicks ...... I think the one with boots on is a girl. The first picture, her legs look skinnier than the one on the left. However, I can attest that does not work with Icelandics. I have photos to show the opposite.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom