3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Okay, final results... out of 7 set, 2 made it to lockdown, and I have 1 pipped today.
idunno.gif
I will let you know if it or the other egg hatches.

Quote:
I am..I had several hatch around midnight and later Jan1-2 so would like to give the remaining eggs till midnight tonight at least before I send in my number hatched.

Yep, I still have some not showing any signs, and one that is working at zipping right now. Long hatch...

So many chicks! With my disaster I had 0, zippo hatch New Years, but still waiting on about 6 quail eggs I rescued from the mess, then in go another load of mutts and silkies to lockdown.

All done hatchin' with 32 set, 20 to lockdown and 18 hatched. All shipped eggs, so a 56% overall hatch rate....although 90% of lockdown eggs! Not as good as some years; Not as bad as others. Chicks = 7 Wheaten Marans, 10 Salmon Faverolles, 1 TJ's. Will post a group photo once the last four have fluffed up.

Eggtopsy: The two remaining eggs went full-term but never made it to the pip party. Neither were shrink-wrapped, but both had kind of smallish air cells.

That sure was fun! Thanks to those that organized this.

And now I have to go stop my man-child DH from pretending he's Godzilla at the brooder.....

Here's my entry for Tazcat70's New Years Hatch New Years Photo Contest.

After a night of pipping and zipping and beeping and hatching, a chick's gotta sleep.

201201-02NYDnCutestChick031-1.jpg

Last edited:
AWSOME PICTURES!!!!!

IT JUST HATCHED, STILL IN THE INCUBATOR:

*****ONE OF MY CHICKS IS BELLY UP AND CAN'T STAY ON IT'S STOMACH OR FEET ******

WHAT CAN I DO, WHAT HAPPENED?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you have anything like newspaper or paper towel in the incubator? If you do, then he may not be able to get traction with his feet. Right after they hatch, it takes them a little bit to get situated as to which way is up.

Back
Top Bottom