3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Hi there. This is for Sumatra 503's contest.

I am entering WORST small batch hatch rate.

Unfortunately I had only 1 of 12 hatch. My worst rate ever.
sad.png

Oh well. Named the lone hatchee Lucky and we've been spending lots of time together. Lucky seems pretty happy so far, the Ostrich is good company and I pull the chick out whenever it starts pecking at the glass for some outside time. Lucky may even become a house chicken! We will see.
big_smile.png

Hope these pictures are okay.

0101121945.jpg

1231111437.jpg

Thank you!

Locked the three Octagon20 Advance EX 'bators down this morning around five-thirty as I was getting ready to go to work. Did NOT have time to candle and cull... So I'm gonna do that quickly when I get home tonight. Yah, yah, it's lockdown, but I am sure there are plenty of eggs which don't need to take up space needed by the ones which MAY hatch.

77 eggs set; we will see how many continue, later tonight.

Quote:
This is an amazing scene! Turken chicks are the cutest especially those in backpacks.

Also. Can somebody help me? I've been searching for the link to update my final hatch total for about an hour. Can't find it but have found lots of great posts in the meantime!

Quote:
re: feather sexing

The short answer is "No." It is a gene that is bred into them....kind of hatchery bio-engineering, if you will. If the gene is not there, you could be making a horrid mistake relying on this!

I knew it was too good to be true! I checked all my non-black NYD silkie chicks and, according to that video, they're all male.
sad.png
I guess I'll know in a few months if it's correct or not, because I'm keeping all my non-black silkies.

I had a breeder lady tell me that silkies are definitely not feather sexable! So hopefully you will have some pullets
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif

Quote:
They are just so precious
love.gif
hugs.gif
If you were closer I would love the three the lady brought back
love.gif
hugs.gif
Mine 4 little fattie feathers used to come up on our deck to spend the afternoon bird watching with us
gig.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
One of my favorite picks of them is with our Dear Uncle John just chilling on the deck. They were all snoozing in the sun. I miss them all but mostly Dear Uncle John
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Quote:
They are out of the shells this morning but still haven't fluffed yet but they look to be a soft chocolate brown. One might have a few yellow wisps on their wing tips though. Are the roos and pullets marked different from each other? I would so love a couple of pullets and a roo
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom