3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

Dumb question but new to this thread and would like to attend. Why is it called "Sharkie"?
Will be getting my first peeps this Spring... Yay!
Looking forward to talking to other chicken people.

Dumb question but new to this thread and would like to attend. Why is it called "Sharkie"?
Will be getting my first peeps this Spring... Yay!
Looking forward to talking to other chicken people.

Try page 6 of this thread for an answer.
smile.png

This is going to be a lot of fun and there will be all sorts of breeds (eggs and birds) there!

Last edited:
Sharkies were originated a few years ago...it was a nick name a bunch of us got over bidding on auctions...That is how we met and fell in love...lol
anyhoo...i ad the first shatkie chickenstock at my house in ny where mst of us finally got to meet...then the next sharkie fest was at kristns where we got to meet even more of us..Nowwwww we get to meet a few of the fols we have been waiing o see forever...JWOW

frow.gif
Over the last few years many of us have competed for egg auctions on BYC. Those that were a bit frustrated with our last minute wins would say we circled like Sharks and "sniped" the auction in the last seconds.
hide.gif
lau.gif

We kind of ended up being called Shark Snipers :) But we all have some breed of very beautiful great lines birds out of all the competition.
droolin.gif

We try to get together once a year and swap eggs, chickens, stories, supplies, food and what ever else comes up through out the year.

All are welcome as we are very friendly people and enjoy spending time with like minded folks!
wee.gif

It's a Sharkiestock because there used to be a group on here called "shark sniper wine dots" and we are all friends, and this is when we all get together for the year!

Back
Top Bottom