3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

I am new to chickens as some of you know. My 9 chicks are now 10 days old and a lot of enjoyment. I've been going to the swaps and talking to people and learning a thing or two.
I would like to plan on coming to this Chickenstock. Sounds like a lot of fun.
I LOVE to look at all the birds and ask A LOT of questions.
Hope the weather works in your favor and that you have a wonderful turnout.

I might have BCMarans by then. They are under broody now and due first week in June. DH isn't too happy with my 'chicken fever' and since I REALLY want some SLBrahmas I'll have to make room. I also have 2 Welsummers and 3 EE, all 2-3 wks right now, if anyone were interested but I'm not bringing them all in my car if not.

Welcome to the chicken insanity
tongue.png

Really, talking chicken and spending time with like minded people is a large part of why a lot of us get together every year!

It IS a lot of fun. This will be the third one of it's kind for a group of us and always a good time regardless of the weather. We have some great raffle items already too!!
I am new to chickens as some of you know. My 9 chicks are now 10 days old and a lot of enjoyment. I've been going to the swaps and talking to people and learning a thing or two.
I would like to plan on coming to this Chickenstock. Sounds like a lot of fun.
I LOVE to look at all the birds and ask A LOT of questions.
Hope the weather works in your favor and that you have a wonderful turnout.

I might have BCMarans by then. They are under broody now and due first week in June. DH isn't too happy with my 'chicken fever' and since I REALLY want some SLBrahmas I'll have to make room. I also have 2 Welsummers and 3 EE, all 2-3 wks right now, if anyone were interested but I'm not bringing them all in my car if not.
You asked about State regs..do you have an NPIP cert?

If you want to send to me I can send in one batch to Cindy from the State of NH.... let me know.

No certs yet. I didn't plan on it till later in the year when everyone was hatched and feathering. A blood test on chicks seems risky but I've never tried either. What else is involved in testing?
I was also asking if I would be in trouble or needed permits to buy birds and bring them home.

No certs yet.  I didn't plan on it till later in the year when everyone was hatched and feathering.  A blood test on chicks seems risky but I've never tried either.  What else is involved in testing?
I was also asking if I would be in trouble or needed permits to buy birds and bring them home.

Chicks dont get tested..4 months and older and it literally is 1 drop of blood per bird ;)

So...........I can bring chicks and they don't have to be tested? I wasn't planning on it, but heck, I just stuck 18 more eggs in the bator this morning.................Yeah, I know, I am now addicted to hatching silkies..........

Back
Top Bottom