3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

So...........I can bring chicks and they don't have to be tested? I wasn't planning on it, but heck, I just stuck 18 more eggs in the bator this morning.................Yeah, I know, I am now addicted to hatching silkies..........
Marilyn I sent you an answer. I would love for you to be able to bring your babies!!

I've never been to this. I'd like to bring some birds but I've never done more than transport some home in a worried rush. I know water and food/containers, crates/cages, small bills for making change, pen n pad 4 addys, sunblock, umbrella, table, camping chair and potluck. And chix.
What else?
Is there a portapotty?
Is this in a field/barn?
I still haven't heard anyone answer my question about transporting a bird/s I buy home, ie out of state. ??
Do you think I need a scooper for litter and litter? (shavings or straw)?
Could I bring a sm roll of chicken wire and pipe cleaners to set up a small 'run' for young to go on grass or is this a crate only event?
Will there be a spiquet or do I bring gallons?
Will there be a running list of birds/breeds people are bring/looking for as we get closer?

I've never been to this.  I'd like to bring some birds but I've never done more than transport some home in a worried rush.  I know water and food/containers, crates/cages, small bills for making change, pen n pad 4 addys, sunblock, umbrella, table, camping chair and potluck.  And chix. 
What else? 
Is there a portapotty? 
Is this in a field/barn? 
I still haven't heard anyone answer my question about transporting a bird/s I buy home, ie out of state.  ??
Do you think I need a scooper for litter and litter? (shavings or straw)? 
Could I bring a sm roll of chicken wire and pipe cleaners to set up a small 'run' for young to go on grass or is this a crate only event?
Will there be a spiquet or do I bring gallons?
Will there be a running list of birds/breeds people are bring/looking for as we get closer?

All good questions. This will be in a field/ horse paddock across the road from my house. All animals brought in stay on that side of the road for biosecurity of my other animals.

We have porto potty arranged.
We have running water. Bring jugs to fill your bowls and such.
Would probably be best to not have runs so we do not end up chasing any stock :)
Bring all of the above.
Should bring boxes if selling...you would be surprised how many people buy and bring nothing to transport home.
Everyone selling will have provided a testing certificate so you are fine to bring birds home.

If people tell me what they are bringing I will do my best to maintain a list.
I would also like to start a list of wanted items.

I have people looking for guinea hens and polish chickens so far. Will start a list on one of the first posts.

Keep asking questions. I never meant to not answer them. Others should chime in here too!

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I can't even decide what I want!
If many of my chicks are girls, I may not be hatching this summer. Otherwise, I am looking for eggs: wheaten/BW Ameraucanas, Marans (love golden cuckoo, but not too fussy), Icelandics, Brahmas in all colors, would love some more Basque, and on and on...
Too many desires, too little space! :D

Well, these are the options of what I COULD bring, but will only bring what people want.
pullets:
Brahmas, light
EE
Welsummers
Marans
Houdan

cockerels:
Cream Legbar

Buckabucka-- you are in Maine with me. If you wanted to shop early let me know and save some space in the car for later for those items that 'catch your eye.'
wink.png

Last edited:
All good questions.
Keep asking questions. I never meant to not answer them. Others should chime in here too!
Thanks guys!
Thank you for the informative answers. I appreciate the heads up and I know you are busy with life much less preparing this event. I didn't know if my questions got noticed. I didn't want to get my hopes up to find out I couldn't transport. If can get NPIP testing-- never done it before, then I might bring adults but at the moment I'm only bringing young.

Sorry I havn't responded sooner, been very busy this spring. I have kept up on the thread. As Tab stated my computer decided to quit on me so I lost everything that I had worked on, but the nice thing is that I was able to go back on the thread and grab the last image to use as a building block. If everybody still wants shirts I can still get them made I just have to clean up the image and we should be good.

Back
Top Bottom