3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

You picked her up this past Saturday? Way too soon for her to be near new birds - I keep my new birds quarantined for a month at least - then, I introduce them with the newbies in a cage where they can be seen and not touched so they don't get eaten alive by big bad hens. They will establish pecking order, absolutely. But I woudl give her at least two weeks minimum just seeing and not touching other birds. This is after the 30 day quarantine.
Thank you .......ok, will do!

ac744d6a.jpg

The monkeys new home!

3131ede4.jpg

We had such a great time!
Thank you all who made the trip! Thank you all who contributed!
We may just have to do it again.
smile.png

Won some great raffle stuff!
Who made the potatoe salad wirh bacon on the top? We need the recipe.....
Glad you had a good time....I saw a lot of happy people...you did have a good time right?
smile.png
april,
just wanted to add my thanks. you did a great job. if you get the recipie, can I have a copy? it was fantastic!

Aces, I made the "loaded baked" potato salad.
big_smile.png
I've been making it for so many years now that I don't measure anything, but here goes.

I diced and boiled 5 lbs of red potatoes. Cut and cooked a full lb hickory bacon (reserve some for garnish). Once both are cool, I added about 2 cups (just guessing on the amount... save some for the garnish), sour cream and mayo...more sour cream than mayo, but just keep adding until it is creamy. Add some chives (fresh or dried). Salt and pepper to taste. When everything taste right, sprinkle remaining cheese, bacon and chives for garnish. Best to make ahead of time to let the flavors meld and develop.

I had SUCH A GREAT TIME!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Thank you April and family for hosting!

I went home with my two new GL/tolbunt polish (think girl...think girl...think girl!
fl.gif
) and my daughter picked herself out a partridge rock. And I won FOUR of the raffle items!!! My kids sold a couple of their bird houses and I sold some of my jams and cookie mixes! Hubby and kids had a great time playing with the tractor. And the weather was great, even with the little bit of rain.

I don't think I have EVER seen my children so DIRTY! OY!!!!
lau.gif
But they had such a good time!!

Sonew, I have a whole year to talk my hubby into a NY road trip! We bought a pop up camper this year, so that sounds like a great reason to go camping for a weekend to me! Any place near you to camp?

MarinR, glad you were able to take home a few new babies! You were gone so quickly, I hardly got a chance to talk to you!

Memechick, the golden retriever in my avatar is also named Maggie Mae!
hi, thanks for posting the recipie.
I never got to see your gl/tolbunt. do you know how to post a photo? would love to see them.

Hello everyone,

I have a handsome Dominique Bantam cockerel that needs a new home. He is 13 weeks old and is very friendly. He is free but you have to come pick him up.

hi, thanks for posting the recipie.
I never got to see your gl/tolbunt. do you know how to post a photo? would love to see them.
Here they are...

Tina (hopefully...this is my hubby's bird, named Tina Turner 'cuz of the nice hair do! It was his whole reason for wanting a Polish...just for the name...silly man <3)

Caroline (again, hopefully....although, one roo would be ok....just not two!) My daughter is so in love with her(?) already!

both

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom