3rd day to soon to candle?

The thermometer that comes with the machine is a joke. Mine was 5 degrees low on the reading. It told me the machine was at 95 degrees, while it wasn't. The electric one is nice, but not always 100% on the humidity. At least it give you a good idea. Mine once went down to 20% overnight after I forgot to refill the plastic tray. I was glad I had the hygrometer reading, because otherwise I may have missed it for another day. It did not harm the eggs, but it should not happen either. I have the little thermometer sit on the right side of the turner and it does not interfere with it. Next time when you open the machine touch each egg and see if you can move them side to side. If yes then bend the wire rail of the turner a little bit in. That way the egg will not hit any side of it. The clicking noise of the turner is normal. Don't touch the turners motor. That thing gets hot!

I just went out and bought a thermometer/hydrometer, not a digital but still it's better then nothing and I'll go adjust the wire racks and put the hydrometer is. Now what is the humidity level suppose to be again??? Now to truly see what the temp/humidity level is soon.

55% for the first 25 days. 65% on washed eggs where the bloom has been removed.
At day 26. Hatching period or lock down 75-85%. Remove the turner and lay down the eggs onto the metal mesh. No more turning. Do not open the incubator until they have hatched. Ducklings need to dry in the incubator for 4 hours, but can remain in it for 24 hours.

I put the thermometer/hydrometer in 10min and it's already reading 99 degrees humidity at 62-63%
thumbsup.gif

Its normal to go up after misting. Should be back down in an hour or so.

Not all hygrometers are 100%. You are just looking for a general idea. After a few days you will know what yours reads and that is your base.

Last edited:
Well after 4hrs the temp is maintaining at 99-100, no lower then 99 and the humidity is right at 55% which I'm really happy with, so we'll see how that goes with the misting daily. So, I feel pretty good about the set up now! I'll feel even more happier if I see blood vessles or formation in 4-7 more days! I just hope momma duck starts sitting!

Back
Top Bottom