4.5 week old Blue Laced Wyandotte sex?

Hey! Long time no see!

In Blue Laced Red Wyandottes the males have red back feathers though.
hey!
some do others have blue
blue-laced-red-wyandottes-77-0_XL.jpg

They're feathers on its back and fluff on the neck.

I was holding her/him tonight and there is possibly the slightest tinge of red towards the quill(?), but my husband doesn't see it.

I'm going to get some help in the morning and try to take some better close up shots of Tookie's back feathers.

I had a slw that had me thinking cockerel for a long time. I posted pics on here 4 times always got it's girl it's boy each time. She is a gorgeous girl with a boy name but one of my favorites. She looked even a tad more red in the comb than your pic on the first page at this stage so... I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. Thought I would add a pic for ya of Stripes someone told me definitely roo because so much white on wings and chest.. this was 5 weeks already getting little points on comb
20170329_123107.jpg
20170329_123240.jpg

Last edited:
I had a slw that had me thinking cockerel for a long time. I posted pics on here 4 times always got it's girl it's boy each time. She is a gorgeous girl with a boy name but one of my favorites. She looked even a tad more red in the comb than your pic on the first page at this stage so... I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I had a SLW pullet up until 5 weeks old and her comb was not this pronouced, but your the second person who has said that their wyandotte kept them guessing so here's hoping. :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I had a SLW pullet up until 5 weeks old and her comb was not this pronouced, but your the second person who has said that their wyandotte kept them guessing so here's hoping. :)
I think that was the hardest for me. I mean you want to know what you have, I did not want roosters. And we got 2 out of 19. And they were our favorites before we found out they were boys. And they are sweet and great protectors so, they will stay unless they get mean! Lol unfortunately some girls develop faster than others and it makes it tough. And actually I read Wyandotte are slow to develop and don't usually lay eggs til 9 months guess what, mine are 5 mo, got my first egg yesterday and my slw are only ones with red combs/wattles and have been squatting for 2 weeks. Lol give it a bit more time. I know it's hard! Good luck. Here is more recent pic of my girl we thought was boy, still lots of white, but I think she's pretty...
20170507_220114.jpg

Okay. Here are the results of our photoshoot.
20170704_102334-1.jpg
20170704_102351-1.jpg

There is a fine red line in the middle of each back feather (sorry, I don't know what it's called... The spine of the feather?)
20170704_102348-1.jpg
20170704_102348.jpg

I just want to say thanks for all the help and interest! I'll keep taking pics once a week until we know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom