4 Ancona Drakes need rehoming 6 months old

KSFarm

Hatching
Dec 2, 2018
Maryland
We hatched 4 eggs this year(mom was chicken) and all 4 of the ducks are drakes--need to find them a new home since they are not being nice to the hens. Maryland

:welcome Separate them from the hens. Drakes have penises - roosters do not. Drakes breeding chicken hens can cause them to prolapse and die.
Good morning,
I was watching my 4 "Drakes" and two of them tried to mate with the other two. Is it possible that the female ducks also have the Drake feathers? Or do the Drakes try to mount each other?

Drakes are extremely sexual creatures and will try to breed stumps if nothing else is available. Yes, they will breed/try to breed other drakes. Drake curl is pretty gender definitive.

Drakes are extremely sexual creatures and will try to breed stumps if nothing else is available. Yes, they will breed/try to breed other drakes. Drake curl is pretty gender definitive.
LOL--that made me laugh--yes I can see that..I really learned a lot about these birds in the last few days--I had no idea they were so different then chickens/roosters. Roosters are loud and Drakes are humpers...who knew!

Back
Top Bottom