4-H-er thread!

Pics
I really feel the same. After some long shows i have noticed myself get to that point... I feel horrible and fix my attitude ASAP

Don't feel bad, I do it too sometimes. Especially if I feel the judge was unfair or I didn't do as well as I wanted to. I always feel bad when I get home that day. I'll never forget my first time showing a goat. I was in a class of 11 for showmanship and the girl who placed first came down the line with her goat and shook everyone's hand and said good job.

Don't feel bad, I do it too sometimes. Especially if I feel the judge was unfair or I didn't do as well as I wanted to. I always feel bad when I get home that day. I'll never forget my first time showing a goat. I was in a class of 11 for showmanship and the girl who placed first came down the line with her goat and shook everyone's hand and said good job.

Wow! thats good sportsmanship!

One time i was mad at the girl who got high point because her mom was the judge and i was one point under her. Her mom nocked me down a point because she saw me shank my horse when he tried to bite me...

One time i was mad at the girl who got high point because her mom was the judge and i was one point under her. Her mom nocked me down a point because she saw me shank my horse when he tried to bite me...

I try not to let it bother me when stuff like that happens...of course it does bother me! I was showing chickens at another county's show and the showmanship judge was someone from that county who new all the kids well. Of course a kid from that county won. I got a 99/100. The point was taken off because she claimed I missed something. I didn't miss anything, I did exactly what she said I missed.

I try not to let it bother me when stuff like that happens...of course it does bother me! I was showing chickens at another county's show and the showmanship judge was someone from that county who new all the kids well. Of course a kid from that county won. I got a 99/100. The point was taken off because she claimed I missed something. I didn't miss anything, I did exactly what she said I missed.

Annoying!
Hey, it's better to teach your horse not to be obnoxious and nippy than to win showmanship.

True!

Ok, Now that i am finished with fair, here are the final results, and awards!

Poultry-

Judge did NOT like my birds. I got second to last in showmanship and after the class when he was telling us ways to improve he was looking directly at me when he said we shouldn't buy our birds from hatcheries... I was MAD! I bought her from a reputable breeder, she WON reserve best female at the last BREED show she went to... any way. my roo that i brought wasn't the best quality anyway, but the hen made me mad. He told us our breed wasn't going to make it because the genetics where not lining up right, but the breed is VERY new. Like into the US 15 years ago.

Round robin

Got third out of 4th! @shahtir101 won the class, and won an amazing buckle!

eta: Hit submit to early!

Last edited:
Annoying!

True!

Ok, Now that i am finished with fair, here are the final results, and awards!

Poultry-

Judge did NOT like my birds. I got second to last in showmanship and after the class when he was telling us ways to improve he was looking directly at me when he said we shouldn't buy our birds from hatcheries... I was MAD! I bought her from a reputable breeder, she WON reserve best female at the last BREED show she went to... any way.  my roo that i brought wasn't the best quality anyway, but the hen made me mad. He told us our breed wasn't going to make it because the genetics where not lining up right, but the breed is VERY new. Like into the US 15 years ago.

Round robin

Got third out of 4th! @shahtir101
 won the class, and won an amazing buckle!

eta: Hit submit to early!

What breed was she? Some judges are weird and will pick birds that they think are just pretty to look at over birds that conform to the standards. IE if you have an all black bird the judge may think it's boring and choose a multi colored bird just because it looks pretty. Happened to me a couple times.

What breed was she? Some judges are weird and will pick birds that they think are just pretty to look at over birds that conform to the standards. IE if you have an all black bird the judge may think it's boring and choose a multi colored bird just because it looks pretty. Happened to me a couple times.

She is a chocolate mottled serama, Def. not boring.

Good job at your fair guys! prizepete, I am surprised that you got marked down in showmanship for what the judge thought was a hatchery bird. As long as the bird is healthy, it shouldn't matter what breed it is in showmanship. Our county fair was a while ago, but MI State Fair was the first week in Sept. This was the first time I had exhibited there. Tons of fun! Grand champion rabbit showman, reserve grand poultry showman. When is everyone else's State Fair?

Back
Top Bottom