4 legged chick update now 5 months old with pics

Quote:
that's true you should try one of the university's ! Maybe they can help (if you want them 2 ) good luck and yes please keep us updated ! She does look happy though .

Quote:
Shoot, there u go. free surgery. Ship her to texas, let her tend to her until she is ready to be shipped back to you. A much needed surgery for the cost of shipping.

I tried Texas A & M and they didnt care at all. They werent willing to perform surgery or anything. Just told me to go to an avian doc. Tried a buzzilion avain vets and they wanted $80 for an office visit. My Great Dane doesnt have that expensive of a office visit, its around $45. I was just recently laid off so I can t afford a huge doctor bill.

So basically just hoping to fing someone nearby that wants to remove them. Seriously it should be too hard. After the tail there is an extra bone that comes out and splits to form the two legs. The place where it attaches is less than a inch in diameter. I figure a snip, a catrerization, and maybe a stitch or two and done.

I hate to hear that
sad.png
blue chick . Does it cause her any problems at all ?

You said your dog's office visit isn't that much. Do you have a fairly good relationship with your vet? I don't know if this is allowed on here and I apologize if I am suggesting something that is not allowed, but maybe we could send donations to help with the cost if you could get your vet to take a look and see if he or she thinks it can be done. Is that a possibility?? Anyone else interested in helping Quatra out??

Again, I apologize if something like this is against the rules.

Hope everyone has a GREAT THANKSGIVING!!

P.S. She does seem like a happy bird.

why don't you just do it yourself? can't be too hard, right? i've had some deep gashes from MMA and they were bigger than the inch or so you say the legs are attached...they were sealed by super glue...no joke.
cool.png

If there's an extra working vent, then it's not going to be all that simple - it's not just legs, it's intestinal tract too.

Back
Top Bottom