4 month old Girls or boys?

Breley

Hatching
Nov 14, 2018
After my Buff went broody and I could not break it. I stopped at another farm and inquired if they had fertilized eggs I could buy. The gentleman was so kind and gave me 6 eggs, 4 brown and 2 blue. Just 19 days later 4 hatched! So 2 brown ones and the 2 blue ones were hatched Aug. 7th. The last 2 eggs were not fertilized, but the 4 were perfect! Now I am waiting to know if I have hens or roos. The black one is starting to have some orange, and is almost impossible to get a picture. The other 3 don't seem to mind their photo taking. So please let me know what you think. Thank you!
20181102_181136.jpg
20181114_091129.jpg
20181114_092120.jpg

If they were hatched August 7th then they are closer to three months old. The pictures aren't too clear, but I'll do my best.

Picture 1. The one to the right, sitting, is a cockerel. The one to the left, sitting, is probably a pullet. There is no comb shot for the standing bird, so can't be sure on that one, but I would guess cockerel.

Picture 2, cockerel.

Picture 3, black chicken, cockerel.

It’s kinda hard to see in some of the pics, but if their feathers around their necks and tail are round it’s a hen. If they’re pointed it’s a rooster. They call them saddle and hackle feathers.:D

So a couple more questions, if the 1 is a pullet any idea on breed? Well on any of them really, this is something I do for fun not egg production, I donate the eggs to a pantry. How old before the roosters have to be separated? I have 4 RIR or Isa Browns, 1 Buff Orph. 3 Bahama, 3 Amber link
20181022_190045.jpg
20181029_183845.jpg
(I think), these are my adult hens.

If they were hatched August 7th then they are closer to three months old. The pictures aren't too clear, but I'll do my best.

Picture 1. The one to the right, sitting, is a cockerel. The one to the left, sitting, is probably a pullet. There is no comb shot for the standing bird, so can't be sure on that one, but I would guess cockerel.

Picture 2, cockerel.
Yes I think they will be 4 months around Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom