4 week old chick

Neezone75

In the Brooder
May 10, 2018
My 4 week old chick has been acting strange.. I looked up her symptoms and I believe it wry neck.. does anyone have any advice on how I can help her feel better?? Thank you šŸ˜Š

How is your chick?
If you have photos that may be helpful.

Can you describe her symptoms?
What are you feeding?

You can try treating Wry Neck by giving Vitamin E (400IU) and B-Complex (1/4 tablet) daily.
Give her a little egg for a boost as well.

How is your chick?
If you have photos that may be helpful.

Can you describe her symptoms?
What are you feeding?

You can try treating Wry Neck by giving Vitamin E (400IU) and B-Complex (1/4 tablet) daily.
Give her a little egg for a boost as well.
She is walking backwards, head to chest, sometimes flipping over on her back. I've been feeding her medicated chick crumbles. I have to help her eat and drink. I wrap her up at night with her head resting on the towel. It seems to comfort her. Does this sound like wry neck?

She is walking backwards, head to chest, sometimes flipping over on her back. I've been feeding her medicated chick crumbles. I have to help her eat and drink. I wrap her up at night with her head resting on the towel. It seems to comfort her. Does this sound like wry neck?
It does sound like Wry Neck which is a neurological symptom. There's several causes - a few are Marek's disease, head trauma and vitamin deficiency.

I would try the vitamin therapy that I posted previously to see if that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom