4 week old Chicken "cries out" when pooping.

I have a 4 week old Silkie chick and it has food and water always. It also has a heat light. She has been A LOT lately and I haven’t thought anything about it. Now she will squeal REALLY loud and sometimes poop comes out and sometimes it can’t. Idk what to do or what might be happening. Can someone help plz????

I have a 4 week old Silkie chick and it has food and water always. It also has a heat light. She has been A LOT lately and I haven’t thought anything about it. Now she will squeal REALLY loud and sometimes poop comes out and sometimes it can’t. Idk what to do or what might be happening. Can someone help plz????

Welcome to BYC. What are you feeding your chick? Are there other chicks with it? Has it had any pasty butt problems since it was hatched? Constipation can be a problem if they do not drink enough water, if they are not eating proper food, and if the heat might be too hot causing dehydration. What is the temp in your brooder under the lamp and what type of heat lamp?

It is eating chick starter. There’s no other chicks with it. It hasn’t had pasty butt before. I’m not sure about the type of lamp but I’ve used it before with my chicks. The temp of my brooder is 90. I have noticed that it is eating a lot but i never seen it drink water but I thought if it wasn’t drinking water it would’ve died.

It is eating chick starter. There’s no other chicks with it. It hasn’t had pasty butt before. I’m not sure about the type of lamp but I’ve used it before with my chicks. The temp of my brooder is 90. I have noticed that it is eating a lot but i never seen it drink water but I thought if it wasn’t drinking water it would’ve died.
Can you please post some photos of the chick, her poop and the brooder set-up?

If she is 4weeks old, then 90F is too hot for her, this could be part of the constipation problem.
Depending on where the brooder is located and how much she is feathered in, she may not need much heat at all.

Back
Top Bottom