4 week old Rouen sex guesses based on bill color?

BeeRex

Chirping
Sep 2, 2023
I have a Rouen duckling that’s 4 weeks old and we’ve been trying to sex it, but we’re not going to try and vent sex them because we don’t want to risk hurting them. At first I thought they might be a male because of how yellow their bill is turning. Since adult male Rouens have the yellow bill. But I’ve read a few things where people have been saying that the females get the yellowish bill and the males get a darker olive bill. Now I’m questioning if the bill is yellow or olive. So I’m confused as to what’s what and need help 😅

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 35
I have a Rouen duckling that’s 4 weeks old and we’ve been trying to sex it, but we’re not going to try and vent sex them because we don’t want to risk hurting them. At first I thought they might be a male because of how yellow their bill is turning. Since adult male Rouens have the yellow bill. But I’ve read a few things where people have been saying that the females get the yellowish bill and the males get a darker olive bill. Now I’m questioning if the bill is yellow or olive. So I’m confused as to what’s what and need help 😅
My guess would be a male, just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom