4 weeks 3 days rooster crowing. Does that mean roo??

Imammusa

Songster
May 6, 2020
I recently hatch 4 silkies and they are 4 weeks 3 days today but I heard some some and went it to check and I saw one then crowing. He did it like 3 times and then stop. Does that mean I have a roo or a female can also do it

I recently hatch 4 silkies and they are 4 weeks 3 days today but I heard some some and went it to check and I saw one then crowing. He did it like 3 times and then stop. Does that mean I have a roo or a female can also do it
Dominant hens can occasionally crow, but it isn't common. Chances are, your chick is a cockerel. You could post some pictures to help us identify whether or not he/she is a cockerel.:)

Dominant hens can occasionally crow, but it isn't common. Chances are, your chick is a cockerel. You could post some pictures to help us identify whether or not he/she is a cockerel.:)
3B8192E2-1394-444E-BA39-6A1B241BB627.jpeg
B1A9DB87-D24C-40BC-A1FE-B03B4F110C85.jpeg

Here are some pictures
As you can see he got a single comb and the comb is really growing

But I do have 2 bantam Wyandottes who crow, and they are hens. My son was over and he couldn't believe they would do that, No other roosters anywhere nearby and by now, if they were going to be roosters, some indicators should have shown up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom