KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Both are the same age and same breed.

20210818_143110.jpg
20210818_143148_HDR.jpg

Still a little young so it’s hard to tell, just pay attention to their comb and waddle development. I have australorps around the same age and some of their combs and wattles are much redder and bigger than the ones in your pictures.

Still a little young so it’s hard to tell, just pay attention to their comb and waddle development. I have australorps around the same age and some of their combs and wattles are much redder and bigger than the ones in your pictures.
That sucks. I need to know who I'm butchering first so we don't have crowing.

You can assume boy if you're cool with the possibility of butchering a pullet. Not sure why you'd want to butcher so early on a FP breed anyway. They typically don't crow until after they're old enough to sex.

I'm not seeing anything screaming cockerel yet. However, they are a bit young to accurately sex. Six weeks is usually the absolute earliest you can start seeing an accurate difference. At this age, one having a slightly bigger comb doesn't mean anything.

You can assume boy if you're cool with the possibility of butchering a pullet. Not sure why you'd want to butcher so early on a FP breed anyway. They typically don't crow until after they're old enough to sex.

I'm not seeing anything screaming cockerel yet. However, they are a bit young to accurately sex. Six weeks is usually the absolute earliest you can start seeing an accurate difference.
Both are being raised as meat anyway so it's fine. Plus, they'll be getting butchered around 18 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom