45 week old ameraucana not laying

SO - still no eggs and she is I year old.

I finally got a look at her Vent - it is smallish so I think I have a non-layer. Will she NEVER lay an egg or is there still hope?
Hard to say.
Did you feel the pelvic bones on both sides of the vent?
You only have the 2 birds?

I only have two birds - I run a small operation
roll.png

Will check the pelvic points tonight......

Thank you!

Some days it looks redder than others - this morning she was looking kind of pale.....

I did treat her for Vent Gleet (not sure I diagnosed her correctly) but she was Really Dirty and smelly and acting sluggish- so I soaked her rear-end in Epsom salts two days in a row - trimmed the feathers back there and have been feeding her Yogurt mixed with ACV and Brewers yeast..... I figure none of this could hurt and they both love the yogurt....

This all happened after I posted last...... I'm sure you are thinking this would have been nice to know earlier today...

How long ago did you treat...and how did you treat other than epsom salt bath?
Does she still have loose stools?
Does the other birds have loose stools?

May have to take it all the way back to nothing but plain balanced chicken ration and water....let things stabilize.

The other bird seems fine - laying and doing her thing no issues.

I used the Epsom salt bath (with a drop of tea tree oil) the 6th and 7th.
Yogurt along with their regular diet of pellets and corn and all manner of kitchen scraps (nothing on the list of things they can't have).
They free range.
Like I said she has perked up but pale and I caught a whiff of the smell yesterday and she is a little dirty again..... loose stool I suppose..... Hum - I am starting to think she still has it......

Let me Say Thank you for your advice..... I clearly have no idea what I'm doing.......

Back
Top Bottom