48 Eggs Automatic Incubator???

Thanks A1momof3, most of my eggs hatched yesterday. four did not make it. Here is a picture of the set up. I used tape on the adge that I cut to prevent the styrofoam from coming appart. As you can see the two thermometers/hugrometers show 99 degrees, the incubator reads 38.2. The last time, I had it at 37.7 so most of my eggs did not fully developed. I tought it was the humidity that killed them.

Here are a few chicks as they hatched.

Thanks A1momof3, most of my eggs hatched yesterday. four did not make it. Here is a picture of the set up. I used tape on the adge that I cut to prevent the styrofoam from coming appart. As you can see the two thermometers/hugrometers show 99 degrees, the incubator reads 38.2. The last time, I had it at 37.7 so most of my eggs did not fully developed. I tought it was the humidity that killed them. Here are a few chicks as they hatched.
Wow a lot of extra work for that machine to work. I broke down and bought a brinsea mini incubator to use until I get it all down and can decide what to use. Thought this would help. Lol

If you can go a little smaller, I have used a couple brands and like the incuView from incubator warehouse. It's there take on all the made in china models and it's super easy to use and clean. The top is clear plastic and hasn't started cracking at all with a couple years of heavy (almost year round) use. It also has a one year no questions warranty...which is great too. I had another brand that worked well and held more but they changed the base so it, sadly, I won't even mention anymore.

I am currently running 6 Janoel 48 egg auto incubators. The only one I have major problems with is the one that looks like the one in your pics A1momof3....the one with the tilted display panel. Pay a little bit more and buy one with the straight front, it has a 160W motor rather than an 80W - the motors burn out so fast on the 80W units! I cannot fault the 160W models, except to say you simply must double and triple check the numbers on the screen, don't trust the measurements at all. Otherwise they are easy and simple to use and do a great job.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Eggcubator and have run it for several days. The humidity shows around 40-50% on the machine itself, but when I put an indoor/outdoor thermometer (that also measures humidity) inside, it shows more like 85% humidity. I don't have eggs ready to incubate, so I am not stressing, but I do want to figure this out before I have eggs ready to go. I am confused about how the two humidity readings could be so different. Should I go with the thermometer I have on the inside? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom