~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Manningjw, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Manningjw

Manningjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Intending to hatch on or near Cinco de Mayo, so the set dates are different for each type of fowl. Please feel free to post and join in the discussion even if your eggs will be hatching a bit later due to a late set date. For me, it's just more fun to discuss hatching with other people also hatching, non-chicken people in my real life I know are tired of hearing about my chickens...

2. Manningjw

Manningjw Chillin' With My Peeps

I set 12 shipped eggs, 9 of which are UofA blues, and 3 are F1 cross Olive Eggers (UofA blue cockerel over Crele Penedesenca). The brown eggs are a beautiful shade of brown.

I also set 16 of my own Olive Egger cross and 7 black Ameraucana eggs covered by a barred project EE cockerel. Many of my own eggs are actually on the older side so I am not anticipating the best hatch for those really but I figured it wouldn't hurt anything trying to hatch them. The Black Ameraucana is still a pullet, so the eggs are small.

[​IMG]

3. Sustained

Sustained Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Oregon
    X2! So I spend a lot of time scrolling the BYC forums.

4. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
  5. whitmore

whitmore Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2014

X3 They all know I'm crazy.

6. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    X4!!!!

7. Sustained

Sustained Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Oregon
    I've considered going door to door and offering started pullets to my neighbors in hopes I create a few more chicken addicts [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    I had set 2 dozen shipped eggs for the Easter HAL and only got 2 chicks out of it. So, this time I am using my own, but I have not really confirmed fertility yet this year. I hope we all get better hatches. That first set was pretty early in the year and I suspect a lot of clears at that time. Last year I had about 75% on my own eggs. I had great luck with shipped quail eggs this year already though.

9. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    Oh goody I love poultry talk and hatching.
    Bantams set going into lockdown. And Turkey eggs going in :) so I have to set ducks too they take 28 days... But there's just enough room for 4 goose eggs so I should set those too......:)
    That's spring right, especially in case of a broody =)

10. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    I've got bantam Cochin eggs in due April 29 courtesy of SueG =) a whole batch from all my ducks set for cinco de mayo and African goose eggs may 12 from my friendly neighbor =) oh and 2 Dominique eggs all the way from the east coast somewhere that a lovely BYCer brought me all the way from Nevada on her trip =) set for Apr 27

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by