~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

My turkey eggs went into lockdown yesterday. My hatcher didn't want to cooperate and I just managed to get the temps stable a little bit ago. But, they seem to be rocking and rolling already
1f603.png
1f423.png

Did these come from me? I can't remember what I sent to who when? Your little chocolate eggs are in lockdown.

Quote: By the time I read this post, and went to move the eggs, I already had a few pips and 1 chicks with its head out but still sitting in its egg. I'm just keeping the turner off. Other than turning the entire incubator off I don't think I can turn off just the fan.
Currently there are 6 chicks out and they just dropped about 5 inches at most to the hatching drawer. I had stopped the turner at the level place before bed last night so my other eggs just are not getting turned for now. I did tip the shelf each direction 3 times today but I also left it in the level spot each time. I'm hoping that the short tipping time is enough movement for the eggs on the top 2 shelves and not too much for the ones pipping and hatching.

In other non related news, I'm frying up goat not fixed buck meat as goat burgers. I have the beginnings of a runny nose so I can't smell it tonight. The smell while completely different than fish is just as strong. In the next 10 minutes my house will fill up with goat burger smell. But I'll be none the wiser :)

Ducks on lockdown=)
Early hatch set for the 8... tiny white bantam chick might be d'uccle have to look harder at the shell fragments lol cochins still popping out total like eight so far lost a couple, one got out of the nest box last night =( and failure to thrive after hatch despite sav a chic. And d'uccle eggs go in lockdown tomorrow.

Did these come from me? I can't remember what I sent to who when? Your little chocolate eggs are in lockdown.

no, the ones I got from you won't go into lockdown until next week. These are a few Bourbon reds I found locally. How many of the eggs from me made it to lockdown?

I put 8 in lockdown, but a couple looked iffy. There were a lot of clears or early quitters that looked like from the same bird. Suprisingly, a lot of the tiny pullet eggs made it to lockdown & look really good. There were a couple clears there too though. Overall, not bad out of 18 eggs with 2 young pullets giving most of the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom