~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

7 chicks so far. 2 poults and 1 more nearly zipped. My poults are really wet. I incubated them in a different incubator than the chick eggs and the humidity ran a little higher. It really wasn't much higher, so I'm surprised they are so wet.

I put 8 in lockdown, but a couple looked iffy. There were a lot of clears or early quitters that looked like from the same bird. Suprisingly, a lot of the tiny pullet eggs made it to lockdown & look really good. There were a couple clears there too though. Overall, not bad out of 18 eggs with 2 young pullets giving most of the eggs.

I was hoping you'd get more than that :/ at least you got a few to lockdown. You'll have to post pictures after hatch.

So far eggs I set fot this Hal.

5 poults out.
1 external pip
2 pipped wrong end and died
1 external pip and died.
2 eggs nothing

This hatch was taxing. With wrong end pips. Pip and died.
One of the poults had to assist as he hatched the egg was bubbling out a green slime.

Gonna give bators a break after these eggs gonna be up to broody hens for awhile.

Sending good vibes for everyone who's hatching today.

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO

So far I've got 12 chicks out :)
2 RIRs, 1 OEGB and 9 Silkie/Sizzles. I had one hatch on day 18, 1 on day 19 and the rest came yesterday and last night. I still have 40-something eggs in the 'bator that dont seem to be doing anything yet :/

I just have 1 chick out, she came out last night. My mini aussie pup is excited to have a sister, she is worried about her with all the chirping in the brooder.
Awwww! How old is your Aussie? I wish I could teach my pup not to maul chicks. She just doesn't understand that she's too big and too rough for even the big kids in the coop
1f623.png
Maybe when she outgrows the puppy hyperness

Back
Top Bottom