5.5wk old chicks

OuelletteFlock

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2020
I have 5wk old chicks(6wks on Monday) who moved into the coop today. They are in their own space to separate from my 17wk old flock. I had food and water inside with them all day, but removed both this evening. My intentions are to put the food and water back in the morning and continue to remove it from the coop at night. Is this ok to do with chickens that are only 6 weeks old? My older flock has food and water in the run only and I remove it every night and lock it up because we had evidence of a rat once. Not a problem anymore but I just don’t want to leave food out at night and I was always told I should never have water in the run because of moisture.

Attachments

• C62702F7-20A9-4E38-9F31-30E8F1398E2D.jpeg
    C62702F7-20A9-4E38-9F31-30E8F1398E2D.jpeg
    549.5 KB · Views: 18
If you’re putting it back out every morning I don’t see why not. As long as it’s early and not in the afternoon or something.
Its the first thing I do when I get up. I let the dogs out and head out to the coop to let the older flock out and hang their food and put out their water. I will be giving the younger flock their food and water at the same time. Thank you!!

Should be fine, they don't need food or water overnight. Only concern is if your climate is very hot, they'll likely need water available as soon as possible in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom